+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Step mother name in birth certificate and biological mother name in marriage certificate

sedsum

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
When I was young(~2yrs), my biological mother passed away and my dad married after many years. There was no requirement to make a birth certificate back then and there was no proper system in my country either to record that. The birth certificate was not even required till I applied for my nomination program.

My dad asked the local vital office and they added my stepmother's name to my birth certificate. Also, I was using my stepmother's name in all other documents too. Later, the online system was introduced and due to the difference in age between my stepmother and me, the local office added my biological mother's name to my official record.

I already submitted my birth certificate with my stepmother's name because that was official at that time. Now, on my marriage certificate, my biological mother's name is present. It is so tangled and confusing. I am worried about misrepresentation.

What do you suggest? I need to apply for spousal sponsorship and I do not want to be the victim of this case.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I was young(~2yrs), my biological mother passed away and my dad married after many years. There was no requirement to make a birth certificate back then and there was no proper system in my country either to record that. The birth certificate was not even required till I applied for my nomination program.

My dad asked the local vital office and they added my stepmother's name to my birth certificate. Also, I was using my stepmother's name in all other documents too. Later, the online system was introduced and due to the difference in age between my stepmother and me, the local office added my biological mother's name to my official record.

I already submitted my birth certificate with my stepmother's name because that was official at that time. Now, on my marriage certificate, my biological mother's name is present. It is so tangled and confusing. I am worried about misrepresentation.

What do you suggest? I need to apply for spousal sponsorship and I do not want to be the victim of this case.
Do you have your mom's death certificate?