Sibling (brother or sister)

For Express Entry, a sibling means your brother or sister related to you by:

• blood (biological):
    • brother or sister
    • half-brother or sister
  • adoption:
    • adopted brother or sister
  • marriage:
    • includes a step-brother or step-sister who is not related to you by blood or adoption and your parents are married or in a common law relationship
    • this is true on both the date you submit your profile and when you submit your application for permanent residence
To get points for having at least one sibling in Canada, they

• must be 18 years old
  • must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
  • can be the brother or sister of your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada.

Reference: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#s

Reactions: Pehm212

varunshah12

Nov 19, 2020
Interesting. It is impossible for step-siblings to have a biological parent in common. And yet, step-siblings are specifically listed, along with a relationship by marriage being accepted. This leads me to believe that IRCC is not just referring to a biological parent in common but also a parent in common by marriage, i.e. your step-father, and therefore you would qualify for the points.

That's just my opinion though.
Hi,

So i have a half brother who is below 18, so will i be eligible to get the 15 points?

Mohamed irfan

Oct 16, 2021
My wife is not coming with me to Canada, I need to create EE profile, my wifes own brother in Canada with PR, can i claim that relative points, ??? I have not included my wife in EE Profile

Kindly replay

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife is not coming with me to Canada, I need to create EE profile, my wifes own brother in Canada with PR, can i claim that relative points, ??? I have not included my wife in EE Profile

Kindly replay
What do you mean, she is not included in your profile? She has to be included as accompanying or non accompanying.

Your spouse must be accompanying in your PR application to claim the points.

If you list your spouse as non-accompanying, then you can't claim the sibling points.