+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Staying with Canadian Wife Outside of Canada

nbashir227

Mar 26, 2013
Hi,

My PR card expires in June-2013. I have not stayed in Canada in the last five years. However, during this time, I have lived & stayed with my canadian wife outside of Canada. I understand that I fullfill my residency obligations and I should be able to renew my PR card. I want to know what documents should I siubmit with my applications as a proof that I am living with a canadian spouse. Apart of her passport & citiczenship card what other documents should be submitted with my application!

Thanks
NB

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Something that proves you are living at the same address like utility bills etc. Joint lease, joint mortgage..

Does she need a visa to live in your country, is she working or studying? You can show proof of that.

A PR renewal application must originate within Canada so fill it out, mail it to friends or relatives and ask them to mail it in for you. Write a cover letter stating that you are living outside Canada but you have a secure mailing address. They may mail the card to your relatives in Canada who can then mail it to you or they may ask you to come pick it up.

You can apply to renew it now but you can also let it expire and deal with it later when you want to return.