NA
Passport Req..
SENT WITH MED
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
My Toronto Staying Exp::
Though I am back in my country...will like to share my 2 weeks staying experience.
I landed there on 27th of November 2012. After passing through immigration and CBSA....we headed for hiring a Taxi...I asked one of the Police Officer where I can board the Taxi...he advised me to board it from outside the airport and not from the touts inside the airport as they might rip me off....Which was actually true....as guy inside airport asked me 70 CAD for Mississauga and out side got a big Caravan for 42 CAD....
It took me around 25 min to reach Mississauga....drive was quite comfortable....after 15 min of reaching suddenly my Son who was running around tripped over and hit his head on the table. His head and upper left eyebrow was bleeding profusely. We rushed to hospital immediately...where they referred to emergency. Doctors in emergency....were very slow in reacting...though his bleeding was non-stop....they asked us to wait .....After 15 minutes they called and advised stitches would be required..... Which they did...my son feeling severe stomach ache as well.....when I told this to doctor he asked me to have another registration and wait as that's a different problem....however, after getting stitches done...we came back to home and my son went to bed.......Doctor charged me 450 CAD for this...its advisable to but insurance form your local country or in Canada immediately for 3 months as most of the provinces do not provide free meds for initial 3 months.
Next day went for some grocery shopping....it was pretty much cold -5 C ........it was very difficult to walk even.........Groceries were expensive........whilst coming back I boarded a bus...very comfortable but again expensive...........For instance::
1 KG sugar—2.45 CAD
3 Ltr Milk Pk—4.99 CAD
1 Dozen Eggs Pack—3.5CAD
After two days....I had to take a visit to one of the neighboring towns for my job purpose....I hired a Taxi....I asked my friend to drive as I don't carry a valid Canadian driving license....it took me hardly hour and half to cover 155KMs.......Taxi was reasonable......charges 190 CAD for 2 days and 600 Kms...
Later I went to Services Ontario for my Sin number...which was very quickly done.......Bank account was quickly opened in Nova Scotia Bank......Health card I couldn't apply as they wanted one month old Bank Statement and House lease.....which was not available at point of time
Also, managed to get G1 Driving License
Some Points to Consider:
• Buy insurance either from Local Country or in Canada as soon as you land or before that otherwise any mis-happening might cost you a fortune.
• If you in Canada for Good please get your driving license ASAP and try to get vehicle. As commuting in Canada is very expensive
• Please don't calculate dollar in you local currency, you wont be buying anything otherwise 
• Get your SIN number, Health Cards, Bank Accounts ASAP. This will help you everywhere.
• Decent one Bedroom Condo will cost you around 1100-1200 CAD and and two Bedroom 1200 to 1500 CAD.

AshB

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2012
IELTS Request
Not done
File Transfer...
Dec 2010.. In Process since March 29 2012
Med's Request
14-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Request 20th Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
4th Oct 2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
scorpion30 said:
.Health card I couldn't apply as they wanted one month old Bank Statement and House lease.....which was not available at point of time
Good post bud.
Can someone please clarify the above statement. Do the actually need a month old statement and house lease etc. We are landing on 13 Feb and my Mrs is pregnant. We will be staying with a friend for initial weeks until we find accommodation. Our baby due date is June end and we can't wait for a month old statement otherwise we wont get our healthcare card on time . Seniors please shed some light. Thanks
Regards
Ashish

scorpion30

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-06-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Med's Request
01-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-02-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
SENT WITH MED
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Yes you need two address proofs...since initially you will be staying with your friend..dont worry you have good time to apply for health card because till 3 months you wouldnt be able to avail any meds benefits in case you are going to land in Ontario.....

Check med norms if your going to stay in other province...For instance its free in Alberta from the day you Land....

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Scorpion for the detailed posting, kindly tell us, since you are back to your home country
how long and how will you be getting ur PR cards,

thanks.