+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Staying in Canada while my post-graduation work permit application in process

ojay

Apr 18, 2011
Hey,

I am an international student and i am planning to stay in Canada after graduation. However my student visa expires end of June 2013 (so 2 months after my graduation), and as far as i understood that the post graduation work permit process might take up to 90 days.
My question is that would it be OK for me to stay in Canada after i apply for my post graduation work permit, even after my study permits expires end of June 2013, until i receive my permit?
I just think that it does not make sense for me to leave the country while my application is in process!

Thanks for your replies in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ojay said:
Hey,

I am an international student and i am planning to stay in Canada after graduation. However my student visa expires end of June 2013 (so 2 months after my graduation), and as far as i understood that the post graduation work permit process might take up to 90 days.
My question is that would it be OK for me to stay in Canada after i apply for my post graduation work permit, even after my study permits expires end of June 2013, until i receive my permit?
I just think that it does not make sense for me to leave the country while my application is in process!

Thanks for your replies in advance!
Yes, you can remain until you receive a decision, implied status.