+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Staying in canada submitted EE Profile without family

DSP_90

Dec 16, 2020
Hello,

I am in Ontario with a work permit and living here with my family for the last 18 months. Have a valid work permit (primary) till 2020 Jan and my wife have an open work permit till the same time.
I have created EE profile marking no family accompanied considering the score. I have received the mail for Ontario PNP. If I opt for this nomination,

1. Will my wife lose the open work permit status as soon as I get the PR?
2. Is it possible to add my family also at any point in the process later? Can they get PR along with me?
3. Can I add at least my daughter in the current process?

Please advise.

jerinmp

Sep 1, 2020
Hello All,
Need a help on my query.
My wife is working in canada and she has applied EE without adding my name due to the low points. She is added her name and our daughter in the profile now the profile is submitted and in progress status, its been in 2 months now. Now if i apply open work permit based on that profile then will that be an issue ?. I have red that if the express entry profile is in progress then spouse can apply for the OWP but my case as i am excluded from the profile then now if i apply for this then will that be any issue for my OWP or wife's express entry profile. Please advise if anyone knows about this.

Thanks in advance.
JM

DSP_90

Dec 16, 2020
You can ask Ontario PNP to add your family after you have received the nomination certificate. They will usually agree to that. Then just accept the nomination, add 600 points to your current profile and when you apply just add your family to the application. Your score will get recalculated but will obviously stay above the cutoff.
Thank you for the information.