pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Just looking to gather some info here so I can advise a friend. He is in Canada (for the past 3 - 5 years) on a visa that expired, therefore doesn’t hold any status. What is his best bet for staying in the country and getting his PR. He has family here (i.e. Aunt) that is willing to sponsor him but can she?? Other than that would is only option be to marry his girlfriend which might cause his case to be suspect and honestly I think he rather handle this on his own.

Hopefully I can get an insight here on anyone in a similar situation. Not sure if Humanitarian grounds would work here it returning home would not be a threat.

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The aunt can not sponsor him under the federal program unless she is not married and has no other relatives in Canada and no closer relatives overseas which she would qualify to sponsor.

She may qualify to sponsor him under a provincial nominee program if she lives in SK, AB or MB and they both meet the requirements.

I really don't think his illegal status will help his case though.

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Thanks for your response. That is what I thought re the aunt - if she has otehr family here she could not sponser. They live in Ontario - is there a pronvical program here.

Would you suggest best situation is to marry??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was no family stream under the Ontario PNP last time I checked. His best option is to marry.