+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

stay outside of canada a year after staying in canada one year after PR


Full Member
Jul 14, 2017
Do i have to report CIC with the updated address in my home country as i leave canada given the fact that become a permanent resident last year


VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You do not need to inform IRCC at all and are free to leave and come back keeping in mind the 2 out of 5 year residency obligation plus fact you need a valid PR card or PRTD to board a plane back to Canada.

In fact probably the only time IRCC might see a home country address post landing might be if you have spent time outside of Canada and have to fill in a form that asks for addresses from previous 5 years such as a PR card renewal for example. Other than that no need inform anyone.