+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stay outside canada

Vekrem

Nov 8, 2023
Hi i hqve 2 questions
1 is , On last trip outside canada i went to Italy on nov 1 and from itally i went to india on nov 10 & returned canada on dec 25
so how do i write my trips outof country
Will it be just from nov 1 to dec 25 india or
Nov1to nov 10 italy and
Then nov 10- dec 25 indiA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi i hqve 2 questions
1 is , On last trip outside canada i went to Italy on nov 1 and from itally i went to india on nov 10 & returned canada on dec 25
Nov1to nov 10 italy and
2 separate trips

Vekrem

Nov 8, 2023
Can you please clear me about residency obligations as well
Is 5 year noa
And i have my home ownership when i brought 2.5 year ago and before that i have lease i signed on rent i stayed there almost 1.5 years enough
But i donot have recipta
Is these things enough

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is 5 year noa
And i have my home ownership when i brought 2.5 year ago and before that i have lease i signed on rent i stayed there almost 1.5 years enough
But i donot have recipta
Is these things enough
A lease or proof of home ownership is not great proof of residency because it doesn’t really show that you are in Canada. Copy of your bank or credit card statements to show regular transactions happening in Canada are good proof and so are record of pay from work. An employer should be able to give you a copy listing all your pay periods for the year which would show same regular deposits typically bi-weekly which should shows that you are working in Canada although you also could have left Canada on a some business trips. Multiple documents proving your location plus you declaring when you were present in Canada’s gives a clear picture of when you were in and out of Canada.

Vekrem

Nov 8, 2023
Ok thank you and last question is. Sometimes i have not used my credit card for a month or 2 or more like dont have everyday or week history
And the addresses i have lived one of the address was updated 3-4 months later.
are these things ok

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok thank you and last question is. Sometimes i have not used my credit card for a month or 2 or more like dont have everyday or week history
And the addresses i have lived one of the address was updated 3-4 months later.
are these things ok
It is the sun of all the evidence that will prove that you were in Canada so it isn’t a big deal if one card isn’t used for a month or two.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi i hqve 2 questions
Nov1to nov 10 italy and
For the PR card application, in the chart for question 5.5, "Time Spent Outside Canada," each trip (that is, each period of time outside Canada) is defined by the date of exit from Canada (the "From" date) and the date of return to Canada (the "To" date), and multiple locations during that period outside Canada can be listed in the box for "Your location(s) during your absence (city, country/territory)."

For the example: If PR leaves Canada November 1 and does not return to Canada until December 25, then in the chart they list just that: From date November 1, and To date is December 25, and then in the locations box, list CityXXY, Italy; CityZZX, India.

2 separate trips
No matter how many places a PR goes during an "absence" from Canada, or during "travel outside" Canada, for purposes, as I just noted, it is the From and To date based on date the PR left Canada and date the PR returned to Canada that defines a period of time outside Canada.

Otherwise, if for example the PR lists the date they left Italy as the "To" date, and then that same date as the "From" date for a trip to India, without actually returning to Canada and then leaving again, that date would erroneously be counted as a day in Canada.

Is 5 year noa
But i donot have recipta
Is these things enough
Enough for what? Are you asking what can you submit as evidence of residency? Documents to prove presence in Canada for at least 730 days during the relevant five years?

Even though I assume you are not asking if a period of home ownership and leasing a residence will be enough to meet the residency obligation, just to be clear, no. Only days actually IN Canada (or otherwise qualifying for credit as if in Canada) count and they need to add up to at least 730. Again, I assume that is not your question, but if you were asking if home ownership is enough to show you meet the PR Residency Obligation, no, that's not what counts.

I assume you are asking about the two items of evidence that need to be submitted with the PR card application. A copy of a document which shows your ownership of a home in Canada, say a municipal property tax notice, could be on one of the items of evidence submitted to show residency in Canada . . . of course ONLY if you actually use that property as your residence (submitting a document as evidence of your residency when it in fact is not evidence of where you live would, of course, be misrepresentation).

I do not know what item of evidence you are referring to in regards to the period of time you leased a residence. Hardly matters. If you were living here for even just one year, you should be able to easily provide some other item of evidence of residency among the examples listed in the Appendix to the guide for the PR card application.

Documents [sufficient] to prove presence in Canada for at least 730 days during the relevant five years?

I assume this is not your question. That's a very different question, far more expansive question, than just what two items of evidence will suffice as showing residency. That is, two items of evidence showing residency is nowhere near the same thing as what a PR might need to provide if subject to RQ-related requests, to more fully prove they met the RO by being present in Canada at least 730 days.

If IRCC has doubts about the PR's RO compliance, the PR can be asked for such proof. And that appears to be what @canuck78 is addressing here:

A lease or proof of home ownership is not great proof of residency because it doesn’t really show that you are in Canada. Copy of your bank or credit card statements to show regular transactions happening in Canada are good proof and so are record of pay from work. An employer should be able to give you a copy listing all your pay periods for the year which would show same regular deposits typically bi-weekly which should shows that you are working in Canada although you also could have left Canada on a some business trips. Multiple documents proving your location plus you declaring when you were present in Canada’s gives a clear picture of when you were in and out of Canada.
If in contrast, if your question is about what to include with a PR card application, just any two documents that "show" residency suffice. See the appendix to the guide for a list of examples. Should be easy. No need to worry about the strength of the evidence . . . just that it is indeed evidence of residency in Canada.

So, for example, copies of one pay slip plus one property tax assessment in your name will suffice for the PR card application. But if you were to get RQ (a residency questionnaire), much more would be needed and the strength of the evidence would matter.