+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stay in Canada, what are my Chances ?

Gato571

Jun 16, 2013
Hello,
my name is Antonio and I'm a Colombian and German citizen. At the moment i live in Germany and i would like to move to Canada, not only to study there but also to stay there and get PR. The problem is that I just can't afford a 4 year degree because that would be way too much, and I can't get a student loan which gives me the amount i need to study for 4 years and live on my own. So i decided to go to a Community Colleges, and it has to start in January. But I'm not sure if it's really worth going to a Community College, to get PR and finding a good job afterwards. Another thing is that I'm not really into nursing, i don't know I just cant imagine doing this. So do you have any suggestions on what I can study to get a good job and good chances to get PR ? Oh and it has to be a Diploma or a Degree. I first planed on doing a Diploma in Businesses Marketing but I read that it's not worth getting it from a Community College

Bye the way I would love to study in Manitoba but I can't find a College which starts in January or around that time.

Toronto28

Jun 17, 2013
Ola gato.

No reason why you can't make it happen. I think a lot depends on how you leverage your skills and knowledge to prospective employers.
Good luck and maybe we'll run into each other :)

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Hi Gato571,

If you like Manitoba, then I would suggest Red River College. It is a public college and have a good reputation.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Gato571 said:
Hello,
my name is Antonio and I'm a Colombian and German citizen. At the moment i live in Germany and i would like to move to Canada, not only to study there but also to stay there and get PR. The problem is that I just can't afford a 4 year degree because that would be way too much, and I can't get a student loan which gives me the amount i need to study for 4 years and live on my own. So i decided to go to a Community Colleges, and it has to start in January. But I'm not sure if it's really worth going to a Community College, to get PR and finding a good job afterwards. Another thing is that I'm not really into nursing, i don't know I just cant imagine doing this. So do you have any suggestions on what I can study to get a good job and good chances to get PR ? Oh and it has to be a Diploma or a Degree. I first planed on doing a Diploma in Businesses Marketing but I read that it's not worth getting it from a Community College

Bye the way I would love to study in Manitoba but I can't find a College which starts in January or around that time.
If you're a German citizen, you could look at getting a Working Holiday (IEC) visa. It would let you work in Canada, potentially allowing you to qualify for PR through CEC or PNP depending on your job, hours, and province (for PNP). At the least, it would get you some time in Canada to explore the country, work, and meet people.

Also, community colleges aren't for nursing. Canada only accepts 4 year degrees for nursing.

http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx?view=d

Gato571

Jun 16, 2013
Thank you guys but i defiantly want to go to a Community College first because I want to be a skilled worker. I heard the Red River College is pretty good but does it also start in January ? Thank you guys i appreciate it !

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
I reckon there are some courses that start in January, but not sure. Better you contact them

Gato571 said:
Thank you guys but i defiantly want to go to a Community College first because I want to be a skilled worker. I heard the Red River College is pretty good but does it also start in January ? Thank you guys i appreciate it !

tonitoriva

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Hey Gato

My name is Antonio and I from Ecuador, I will study in Red River College (International Business PG). That college is really good, i used to live in Winnipeg 8 years ago and for me is beautiful. Go there. I will start classes on January 6th.