+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory question on serious disease and Procedural fairness

Ivcan1991

Feb 24, 2019
hi,

I applied under CEC inland, after looking up on this forum and consulting others I marked YES for the question: "Have you had any serious disease or mental or physical condition". and I mentioned saying I had syphilis and got treated before, although it showed positive during the Immigration medical exam I got retreated completely just to be sure and I passed the medical exam in 30 days into the process. However the after 150 days from AOR IRCC sent me a procedural fairness asking me to elaborate on my previous response to the same question. Hence I elaborated more about my syphilis condition and history and past treatments. And I also mentioned confirming that I don't NOT have or had any serious disease, mental or physical condition and I only marked YES to that questions as I wan't sure.

Now, my question is would they delay and start digging into my application for no reason and waste time just for marking YES for that question ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Cannot answer about wasting time or potential delay but guess that’s better than having answered NO , being found out and then rejected or banned for misrepresentation.

Pays to always be honest as far as immigration are concerned regardless of any potential consequences .

Ivcan1991

Feb 24, 2019
Cannot answer about wasting time or potential delay but guess that’s better than having answered NO , being found out and then rejected or banned for misrepresentation.

Pays to always be honest as far as immigration are concerned regardless of any potential consequences .
Just would like to know. Has anyone on this forum got PPR after answering YES to this question? Did you come across any ?