+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union

bhagat.ali

Jul 23, 2010
Hi All,

My wife and I are on a H1B Visa in US. We are planning to visit Canada for 3-4 days. I went through the details they have on the website to fill up the forms. I have 2 questions for which I am not able to find right answers.

1) Do we have to fill up the "Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union" form. We have proof of residency in US and we own property together in our home country and we have our marriage certificate too. If we do have to fill out this form,what do we do about the "Solemn Declaration" section. Will a notary in the US notarize this for us?

2) My wife and I are going to be apply together for a single entry visa. Is the fees $75 dollars or do I have to pay $150 for the two of us.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
bhagat.ali said:
Hi All,

My wife and I are on a H1B Visa in US. We are planning to visit Canada for 3-4 days. I went through the details they have on the website to fill up the forms. I have 2 questions for which I am not able to find right answers.

1) Do we have to fill up the "Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union" form. We have proof of residency in US and we own property together in our home country and we have our marriage certificate too. If we do have to fill out this form,what do we do about the "Solemn Declaration" section. Will a notary in the US notarize this for us?

2) My wife and I are going to be apply together for a single entry visa. Is the fees $75 dollars or do I have to pay $150 for the two of us.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
1. No you don't have to fill it up and submit.
1. 75 per person, two visas so 150