+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory declaration of common law union signed through docu sign

Tina461

Nov 27, 2017
I hope someone can answer my question. I am sending extension of open work permit under family sponsorship (common law). Since there is a lockdown in Toronto, Statutory declaration of common law union was signed on line through zoom call in front of notary, he notarized it and sent us copy on email. My question is will immigration accept that form is signed through docu sign and I will be sending copy of it?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I hope someone can answer my question. I am sending extension of open work permit under family sponsorship (common law). Since there is a lockdown in Toronto, Statutory declaration of common law union was signed on line through zoom call in front of notary, he notarized it and sent us copy on email. My question is will immigration accept that form is signed through docu sign and I will be sending copy of it?
In Canadian context, if the provincial notary/lawyer says it is a valid notarisation and that the electronic version/copy is valid, then it almost certainly is.

You should check in instructions whether an original is required, and if so, ask of the notary whether in current usage the copy/electronic version received through that system is considered an original.

Tina461

Nov 27, 2017
In Canadian context, if the provincial notary/lawyer says it is a valid notarisation and that the electronic version/copy is valid, then it almost certainly is.

You should check in instructions whether an original is required, and if so, ask of the notary whether in current usage the copy/electronic version received through that system is considered an original.
Thank you for your help.