+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

status request but New Delhi not responding

rajani.venkatesh

Sep 24, 2008
Hello:

It has been 28 days since I asked for a status update from New Delhi on my case. Mine is a medical situation and the last medical report was submitted 6 weeks ago to the Regional Medical Center (RMC) in Delhi by my DMP.

Since then nothing. I have asked for status thru EMAIL and also thru ONLINE FORM.

Some of you have suggested that it takes approx 6 weeks for the Immigration Officer to get the report from the RMC. I have not heard anything from anyone.

My medicals were originally done on Sept 7 2008. So will I have to repeat my medical ? What about my police cert ?

Is it a good idea to withdraw the application and enter Canada as a visitor and do the process there ?

-S

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wait for some more time. If medical is to be re-done, CHC will advice you.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
You did the medical exam in September of last year but the medical report was submitted 6 weeks ago? I don't understand, why the delay?

It is most certainly NOT a good idea to withdraw the application. You will have to start all over again if you do, you will certainly have to do the medical exam again, get all the police certificates and so on. And of course, pay the fees again. The processing would start all over again, meaning you'd be facing more months of waiting. So, unless you're rich and have a lot of time on your hands, I would seriously advise against it.

How are you applying, who is sponsoring you?