+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

status of the child

cmfugen

Apr 18, 2006
hi friends

my wife delivers in the month of october first week and then we plan to leave this country. i would like to know that when the child born here he will become the canadian then is it needed to take passport of the canada and other documents.and by taking canadian passport if we leave for india after how many years he can return to canada,i mean the validation period of passport
thankyou
cmfugen

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cmfugen said:
hi friends

my wife delivers in the month of october first week and then we plan to leave this country. i would like to know that when the child born here he will become the canadian then is it needed to take passport of the canada and other documents.and by taking canadian passport if we leave for india after how many years he can return to canada,i mean the validation period of passport
thankyou
cmfugen

If the child is born in Canada, then it is a Canadian citizen forever, unless s/he renounves citizenship in the future. Canadian passports are valid for 5 years. You should also check with the Indian consul regarding the childs status if you go to India, since India as yet does not recognize dual citizenship and you probably will require a visa for the child.

PMM

cmfugen

Apr 18, 2006
hi pmm

yes i have to take the visa for my child, this i nquire, now i would like to know that if my child move to india with a temporary travel permit then can he get he passport from canadian high commission of india subject to the provision of all official documents like birth certificate etc. please advise.

thanks
chandra