+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status of Passport after receiving PR

Aug 12, 2020
Hi everyone,
My wife had applied for refugee status in 2017 and last year we got married and i sponsored her and she received her PR. Now she wants to visit her home country but is unsure as to how to visit. She surrendered her passport in 2017 when she applied for PR. She will not receive a Canadian passport until she becomes a citizen. She wants to visit her sick and ailing parents who are back home. What is the procedure for her to visit her home country ? Any suggestions will be appreciated

arvink

Jan 12, 2020
I think you have to find out if she received the PR due to her asylum or your marriage , if it’s your marriage then she can go back no problem just apply for a travel document or get her passport back .. so I would suggest you call the cbsa guys

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I think you have to find out if she received the PR due to her asylum or your marriage , if it’s your marriage then she can go back no problem just apply for a travel document or get her passport back .. so I would suggest you call the cbsa guys
If she received her PR under spousal, she doesn’t qualify for an RTD. She needs a passport from her home country if that’s the case.