+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status of a Us child with a convention refugee mom

Sam.som

May 25, 2018
Hello friends,
I am a convention refugee and my son is from USA, so his refugee claimant in canada was rejected. But he can stay with me because he is my dependent. But what is his status in canada? Is he a protected person too?
Also, we want to travel abroad, can he get a travel document? Or should I have his US seized passport back from CBSA?
Thanks in advance for your informations.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Your child is not a conventional refugee. You can decide to sponsor your child in the future after you became a Permanent resident of canada.

As for the passport , you can request for If from cbsa

Sam.som

May 25, 2018
Thank you derin1010. Do you have any idea how long it takes to receive the seized passport from cbsa?

Bashfad

Apr 11, 2018
Thank you derin1010. Do you have any idea how long it takes to receive the seized passport from cbsa?
Please share with me the process of collecting the US Child passport from CBSA. I have a US child that was denied also. I need to collect the passport back.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any update here did you manage to get your child's passport back and travel?
Is you child currently in Canada? Why would they need to leave Canada? It is always advisable to remain in Canada until the child has their PR since they are living in Canada on visitor visas extensions.