+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status F-1 in U.S.A. is going to visit Russia via Canada

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Bakyrda said:
Need advice!

I am foreign student in U.S.A. who got F-1 status. And now I am going to visit Russia via Canada. I got Canadian multi entry tourist visa two days ago. I am planning to go to Canada for few days, then go to Russia for 2-3 weeks. Obviously, come back in the same way. Will I have any unpredictable problems with IO or something new. I think is a splendid idea. Any advice or suggestions will count. Thank you.
No, the officers at POE are not unreasonable, so I should think you won't have "unpredictable problems". They ask you routine questions pretty much like the officers at the US borders/airports- what is/are the purpose/s of your visit, how long do you intend to stay, how much money do you have, do you have a credit card... They will actually not ask you to show proof of the money and the credit card. Just be honest. Sometimes they would ask for your itinerary or return ticket, not always though.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Bakyrda said:
But will it be a problem that I will come to Canada like for 2-3 days, after will go to Russia and will come back in 3 weeks to Canada again. Can the officer make some restriction for my visiting time in Canada or will not let me go to Canada from Russia whether from Canada to USA. They put stamps in the passport when I come and when leave Canada. I need advice about this issue. Thank you.
Nope you have multiple entry visitor visa.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...