+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status expired and applied for restoration

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hello forum,

So I called OOPNP and they advised not to apply since I do not have a status in Canada. Long story short- my status expired on June 14th, 2015 and I applied for restoration in July. I know someone here got his nomination based on implied status but I am not on implied status.

I am currently residing in Ontario and wanted to ask if I get an ITA, would my application be rejected on the basis that I do not have a valid status ? Has anyone else been in the same predicament ?

nuno1313

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got ITA 5 months after my PGWP expired. At the time of my ITA, I wasnt even on implied status anymore. I applied for a WP extension 4 months after my PGWP expired. As long as you apply for an extension from within Canada, you can stay here until they come to a conclusion regarding your application for extension. Although you cannot work anymore.

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
mountain123 said:
Hello forum,

So I called OOPNP and they advised not to apply since I do not have a status in Canada. Long story short- my status expired on June 14th, 2015 and I applied for restoration in July. I know someone here got his nomination based on implied status but I am not on implied status.

I am currently residing in Ontario and wanted to ask if I get an ITA, would my application be rejected on the basis that I do not have a valid status ? Has anyone else been in the same predicament ?
Bro contact me!!! IU need some help

nuno1313

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have applied for status restoration already, there is nothing more you can do but wait for the decision made by CIC. In the meantime, accept the ITA and apply as you normally would if you still had your valid status. Make sure you stop working. I did as soon as I went off the implied status. That might hurt your EE application, if they checked. Not sure though but always be on the safe side when it comes to immigration.

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Thanks guys, I will apply accordingly. In your experience, is CIC rejecting applicants on the basis of NOC code ? If OOPNP approves my application after reviewing the NOC code against my job description then CIC should approve as well ?

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Guys I also went for my medical and considering the amount of refused applications I wanted to express my concern. My medical was Non-EDE and medical type was visitor (staff chose visitor under the categories listed in IMM1017 form). The doctor advised that the medical is the same for PR. Do you think it would be returned ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/using.asp