+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status changed from Visitor Record to Work Permit. (Need to update CIC?)

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi All

My status has changed from Visitor Record/Visitor Permit to Work Permit. My PR application is in process(AOR -Jan 26th 2019)
1)Do I need to update CIC regarding this change? (My status change from Unemployed (Visitor Record) to Employed (Work Permit)

2) If 'Yes', there is a Web form (link below) which says if there any changes use this form. Can I know if the below link is right to submit the updates?
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Thank you in advance for your help,

Sapphire Blue

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hi All

My status has changed from Visitor Record/Visitor Permit to Work Permit. My PR application is in process(AOR -Jan 26th 2019)
1)Do I need to update CIC regarding this change? (My status change from Unemployed (Visitor Record) to Employed (Work Permit)

2) If 'Yes', there is a Web form (link below) which says if there any changes use this form. Can I know if the below link is right to submit the updates?
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Thank you in advance for your help,
I have a question for you, how did you change from visitor record to work permit? Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All

LOL... how did you change your status without IRCC knowing? Believe me, they already know : )

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Yeah, they would know but then why do they ask us to update them for any changes? They have mentioned emplyment changes as well. So you mean I need not inform them?
When I applied for my PR I was unemployed on visi

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Yeah, they would know but then why do they ask us to update them for any changes? They have mentioned emplyment changes as well. So you mean I need not inform them?
(When I applied for my PR I was unemployed on visitor record )