Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-08-2014
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
Dear All,

I applied for PR about an year ago under the PhD stream. Finally, after submission of medicals, etc, we (I and my wife) have now been requested for passport submission. We both are currently residing in Canada and expecting our first baby in the second week of October (baby will be born in Canada). The letter I received from CPC-CTD-Ottawa, says the following:

STEP 1: STATUS CHANGE (If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed to STEP 2)
Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Have you changed your contact information: e-mail address/mailing address/telephone number?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPC-O immediately.

As per my understanding, being born in Canada, our baby will be a Canadian citizen by birth. Therefore, I think I do not need to inform CPC that we are expecting the baby as it is irrelevant to baby's immigration/citizenship status. So, should I go ahead and submit our passports prior to the birth (This is STEP-2)? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Nadees