+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status after ITA, BOWP and Name change

vigneshmd

Sep 25, 2019
Hi,

I am currently in Post graduate work permit. I have few questions;
  1. I have received an ITA under FSW and my work permit is about to expire soon. Can I stay in Canada with Just the ITA? ( work permit expires in 10 days but i have 44 days to submit my completed PR application)
  2. If I submit my PR application before my work permit expiry and If i apply for Bridging open work permit, will i get refund on my work permit if my PR is approved?
  3. My last name has two parts as per my passport, but my Indian work experience pay slips shows only my First name and one part of my last name. I have managed to get experience letter with my passport name but I cant really change the pay slips. I had a question in my form asking whether I used anyother name, should i mention this there? If i mention that, what proofs do i need to show?
  4. To mention it i have to start over my application again, will it remove all my uploaded documents and all the details that i entered already??

Thank you for your patience in taking time to read my queries and give me an answer.

Reactions: Akshay1212

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

1. I have received an ITA under FSW and my work permit is about to expire soon. Can I stay in Canada with Just the ITA? ( work permit expires in 10 days but i have 44 days to submit my completed PR application)
  2. If I submit my PR application before my work permit expiry and If i apply for Bridging open work permit, will i get refund on my work permit if my PR is approved?
  3. My last name has two parts as per my passport, but my Indian work experience pay slips shows only my First name and one part of my last name. I have managed to get experience letter with my passport name but I cant really change the pay slips. I had a question in my form asking whether I used anyother name, should i mention this there? If i mention that, what proofs do i need to show?
  4. To mention it i have to start over my application again, will it remove all my uploaded documents and all the details that i entered already??

Thank you for your patience in taking time to read my queries and give me an answer.
1. No. You need to extend your status. If you don't get your PR app submitted and get AOR before your work permit expires, you will need to apply to change your status to visitor.

2. No. They will have started processing the work permit before your PR app is approved.

3. It's not another name when it is still your actual name.

Reactions: vigneshmd

vigneshmd

Sep 25, 2019
1. No. You need to extend your status. If you don't get your PR app submitted and get AOR before your work permit expires, you will need to apply to change your status to visitor.

2. No. They will have started processing the work permit before your PR app is approved.

3. It's not another name when it is still your actual name.
Hello, Thank you very much for your detailed and quick response. That's all I had to know.

Akshay1212

Jul 4, 2023
Hi,

Hi, I am on my pgwp now and I have got ITA under fsw and my documents are submitted too. Do I need to apply for bowp?? Please help as it seems to be a similar situation as yours. TIA

Akshay1212

Jul 4, 2023
Hi, I am on my pgwp now and I have got ITA under fsw and my documents are submitted too. my pgwp is ending in 3 months. Do I need to apply for bowp?? Please help as it seems to be a similar situation as yours. TIA