+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

statuory declaration of common law

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Hi people
we signed a statuory declaration of common law even if was not required for quebec residents....(we are sending the application for residency in quebec)
although people in this forum told me that it will not harm my application, maybe bringing even stronger...
but on the sponsor s guide is written that this statuory declaration is also mandatory when the sponsored person is a co signer...well my partner is not a co signer..

1) my question is : SHOULD I INCLUDE THE STATUORY DECLARATION anyway? even if it is not mandatory for quebec and jhe s not a co signer?

2) i am a PR so we are going to send my application in Canada ( it is supposed to be in Canada during the process ). what will happen is that after 14 months of life together me and my partner will be separated, well we will travel to see each other each 10 days until he gets the residency.
is it allowed? i mean it won t stop our 'common law relationship' (14 months of life together)...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. If you have it, send it. It won't impact either way if it is not required. No spousal sponsorships have co-signer requirements.

2. Yes, you can still travel to see each other BUT your residence MUST be in Canada during the processing.

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
ok thank u
well so it means that concerning my address in the application, i should always put my montreal number
thanks alot!!

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Ok
but i have just noticed that the statuory declaration refers to people who have a co signer...my partner is not a co signer...i m just wondering if adding this document will generate confusion to the immigration officers...what do you think?+

concerning my status of PR as sponsor...I wrote in the letter that I am in Canada while i am sending the application because as a PR i can t be abroad...but I also mentioned that our common law status wont be lost because we will continue living together, both in Montreal and in Paris with short periods in each other s place...am I allowed to write that and to do that? we spent 15 months of life under the same roof in Paris with every kind of proofs, but as being a PR and staying in Canada the only thing that will change is that we continue to live together but in two different locations..
thanks for the help!