Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
I've been reading a lot on this forum regarding how many people who get PR through FSW fail to find jobs meeting their qualifications and so end up having to do entry level jobs for extended periods of time. I'm also seeing senior members in this forum actively discouraging people from 3rd world countries who are well there settled from choosing to immigrate to Canada.
So, I'd like to get some idea about the percentage of first generation immigrants who are unable to find a desired job by the end of a year in Canada? And if the job market in Canada for FSW is so highly saturated then why doesn't the Canadian government lower the number of PR's issued.

I tried searching the net along those lines but couldn't come up with any numbers.

justinline

May 19, 2009
Who collects that kind of data, Statistics Canada???? Check out their site may be they have something on this in some shape or form. Other than that good luck getting that percentage figure.

Mostly in these forums you will get individual experiences and narratives. You are free to compile, interpret and consolidate your opinion. Also don't read individual posts in these forums and feel discouraged or even encouraged. People when they provide their narratives here always have some kind of bias, and they speak in their context. Just try to get an average of everything.

I don't think there is any 3rd world bias, as far as any discouragement is concerned. Take my case for instance, when my friends in US ask about options of immigrating to Canada, my answer is always.......don't be stupid, no matter how long it takes to get GC there just stick to US. That's just my opinion one person's opinion. Am I discouraging folks from 1st world country to migrate to Canada.......may be. For me pecking order is very clear, if the choice is between US and Canada. Others might have different opinion.

On the other hand, immigrating from say 3rd world to Canada, just because you have PR and now live in Canada; that doesn't mean your standard of life will automatically shift from 3rd world to 1st world.

Yes I do feel, there is there huge issue of under-employment as far as FSW category is concerned. This is just my opinion, others might differ. Newly immigrated highly qualified candidates settling for jobs requiring lower qualifications, is not that uncommon. Why does Canadian government do that, may be they know. Land wise speaking this is a huge country, but it's a very small economy. It just doesn't have that capacity to accommodate such high number of skilled immigrants. Again my opinion, no stats, percentage to support it.

chiron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
I agree with what you are saying. If there are sufficient candidates in the skilled worker category in Canada itself imo the government is doing a huge disservice to their own citizens and screwing hopeful immigrants in the process. Is this really the situation? If so, then this needs to be made a whole bigger deal than it is.

Who collects that kind of data, Statistics Canada?"
If that is not the case then why do they offer us EE?

Let me try to elaborate on this. I am a Project Manager in a construction project in Kerala, India. Most of the workers here are immigrant workers from another state and they are treated differently as compared to the natives regardless of skill. So, I have no problem in accepting/understanding that I would not have the same opportunities as someone native to Canada even if I do get a PR. Regardless of whether that is wrong or right, due to this I have no sense of entitlement in terms of I getting a job of equal stature as I do now when I move to another country. I can also accept that I might have to do some lower level work till I get to a similar position in Canada as I have no Canadian experience. OTOH from where I stand having a decent career in Canada at some point would make me more successful than anything I could do in India, making it a reasonable risk to take.

However, if the job situation is so tight that I have to compete with(possibly lesser qualified/experienced) Canadian graduates to get a basic job that fits my profile, then being offered an EE does feel like a raw deal.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
friends,

i just got my visa on hand..I'm holding master degree (MBA) with more than 10 years experiences in marketing and operations management, what would be the chance to get a job in canada? how long roughly is gonna take to get a decent job? advise please seniors who are already in canada..thanks

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
KoRnnn said:
friends,

i just got my visa on hand..I'm holding master degree (MBA) with more than 10 years experiences in marketing and operations management, what would be the chance to get a job in canada? how long roughly is gonna take to get a decent job? advise please seniors who are already in canada..thanks
Most people who settle really well already have a job in hand. Others have a specific skill set or are simply transferred from another company.

Based on your question, your chances of getting a job in Canada are zero.

Nov 4, 2014
Hows the market for a candidate who got Prince2+PMP+ ITIL + CCNA + MCP + basic Database & MS Project and advance excel+word+PPT out there, (yup thts the credential of one of my fren) ??

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
KoRnnn said:
friends,

i don't think anyone can answer that question

try to get an extended leave from your employer, come here and test the waters yourself..you'll get an idea of your chances if you started to get responses to your applications.