+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stateless person question

NexusFreedome

Apr 9, 2021
Hi guys
Hope you all have a good day.
So basically i do have a question about having a short hearing as a stateless person in Canada
My lawyer said that my case is solid and good but the issue is that I’m a stateless person.
Now do i still have a chance to get the asylum acceptance?
Or am i going to live in a limbo?

i came to canada through the US-CA borders though!
And applied for my asylum there.
I’m worried about my situation to be honest, is there anyone facing the same situation?
Any helpful answer would be appreciate it.

thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys
Hope you all have a good day.
So basically i do have a question about having a short hearing as a stateless person in Canada
My lawyer said that my case is solid and good but the issue is that I’m a stateless person.
Now do i still have a chance to get the asylum acceptance?
Or am i going to live in a limbo?

i came to canada through the US-CA borders though!
And applied for my asylum there.
I’m worried about my situation to be honest, is there anyone facing the same situation?
Any helpful answer would be appreciate it.

thank you
Impossible to say. Partially has to do with how long you were in the US and the fact that you didn't file for asylum in the US. Yo must have had ties to a country in order to get a visa and travel to the US

NexusFreedome

Apr 9, 2021
Impossible to say. Partially has to do with how long you were in the US and the fact that you didn't file for asylum in the US. Yo must have had ties to a country in order to get a visa and travel to the US
was in europe as a student
Stayed in US for less than two months
Never applied for the asylum in the US

Samosami

Feb 6, 2021
Hey man, I don't think the stateless thing should affect you, the member probably wants to make sure you are who you say you are, and that your story is true, I am stateless and the member never mentioned it, however it could help your case in certain situations, don't drive away from the member purpose and questions and don't try to explain more than the member request.

NexusFreedome

Apr 9, 2021
Hey man, I don't think the stateless thing should affect you, the member probably wants to make sure you are who you say you are, and that your story is true, I am stateless and the member never mentioned it, however it could help your case in certain situations, don't drive away from the member purpose and questions and don't try to explain more than the member request.
Hi man thanks for the replay , are you stateless by having other country travel document?
I'm from Palestine West-Bank and I have the Palestinian Authority travel document though.