+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

stateless asylum

Mishaal94

Jan 8, 2018
I want to apply for asylum through the American border I have my uncle there and he have Canadian nationality.
But the last name of my uncle name is different from my name and my father's name.
I do not have my uncle's birth certificate and i spoke to my uncle and he does not have his birth certificate because we are stateless in Kuwait and right now i don't have proof of his name before changing the name. the problem that when he claim asylum was on the different name from my name and my father's name.
he told me to not get worry about it because in border my grandfather name and my grandmother name will be enough to get throw the Canadian border Because there name will be displayed on the officer's computer

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need some form of documentation to prove a family relationship. Giving a name is not enough. Not sure how you will also get a visa to get into the US if you are currently stateless.

Mishaal94

Jan 8, 2018
You need some form of documentation to prove a family relationship. Giving a name is not enough. Not sure how you will also get a visa to get into the US if you are currently stateless.
What kind of form of documentation should i have?
I have a copy of his Canadian passport,nationality and his soical number.
I already got visa for US in kuwait they give Statlees pepole pasport for for medical reason

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any form of documentation which has details of your grandparents like their name and date of birth and then the same for your father so they match up.

Mishaal94

Jan 8, 2018
Any form of documentation which has details of your grandparents like their name and date of birth and then the same for your father so they match up.
I have a paper that show all my family where living in kuwait form 1965 to 1985 its called in kuwait the Statistics of 65 his name are there with all my uncles and grandparents and their ages but not there date of birth.
And as i said before his last name in canada is different form what i have on the paper

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You'll need some form of proof that your uncle is the same person with 2 different last names. What you have may be enough but it would be better to show more information.

Mishaal94

Jan 8, 2018
You'll need some form of proof that your uncle is the same person with 2 different last names. What you have may be enough but it would be better to show more information.
I ask my uncle if he can get me more information but his an old man and he is sick he have cancer .
And this is not easy for him so i cant ask him to much.

I will see if i can have more information
Thank you so much and have nice day