+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

State Bank of India - still confused about their bank documents

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Is there anyone here who has obtained PoF documents from State Bank of India (SBI)? I am anxious about submitting the letters I received from them for several reasons:
1. The PoF letter I have is black & white print, not color.
2. It is not on 'official' stationary. i.e. even though it has logo and header and other details like a letterhead, it is just a print on normal white paper.
3. The six month statement was printed out by the manager herself from her system and she signed and stamped each page, but again this was printed out on normal paper and not official stationary or letterhead. The good thing is that the official seal and sign is present.

Has anyone else received documents like this from SBI? Can I submit these? I don't know what to ask for. I just submitted a letter to them saying I am applying for Canada immigration and need these letters, copy pasting the section from the CIC website where instructions are provided.

qubs

Nov 2, 2018
Hi there.
I got mine from SBI.
They initially tried to give me black and white document as well but I requested for color version and hence they reprinted the same on official letterhead. So my actual letter was in color and the bank statements were black and white with the logo, sign etc.

Reactions: RISHIFERRARI20

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Is there anyone here who has obtained PoF documents from State Bank of India (SBI)? I am anxious about submitting the letters I received from them for several reasons:
1. The PoF letter I have is black & white print, not color.
2. It is not on 'official' stationary. i.e. even though it has logo and header and other details like a letterhead, it is just a print on normal white paper.
3. The six month statement was printed out by the manager herself from her system and she signed and stamped each page, but again this was printed out on normal paper and not official stationary or letterhead. The good thing is that the official seal and sign is present.

Has anyone else received documents like this from SBI? Can I submit these? I don't know what to ask for. I just submitted a letter to them saying I am applying for Canada immigration and need these letters, copy pasting the section from the CIC website where instructions are provided.
I have also submitted PoF letter from SBI. They gave me black and white print. The thing is that smaller branches don’t have coloured letter heads. So they gave me printed letter only.

So don’t worry and go ahead. You will be fine as long as it is having bank phone number and email printed on it and is having the issuing officer’s stamp and signature.
Good luck.

Reactions: RISHIFERRARI20

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Hi there.
I got mine from SBI.
They initially tried to give me black and white document as well but I requested for color version and hence they reprinted the same on official letterhead. So my actual letter was in color and the bank statements were black and white with the logo, sign etc.
Thanks, qubs! I will try asking them for a color letter once again. Last time they told me this is how they provide letters.

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
I have also submitted PoF letter from SBI. They gave me black and white print. The thing is that smaller branches don’t have coloured letter heads. So they gave me printed letter only.

So don’t worry and go ahead. You will be fine as long as it is having bank phone number and email printed on it and is having the issuing officer’s stamp and signature.
Good luck.
Thanks, g90. Your post is a relief to me! Let me try and ask them once again for a print on official stationary, if not, I will submit the black and white 'normal' prints.

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks, g90. Your post is a relief to me! Let me try and ask them once again for a print on official stationary, if not, I will submit the black and white 'normal' prints.
I think ‘Official’ doesn’t necessarily has to be coloured. Even ‘black and white’ prints having the contact details of the bank are also official and duly valid.

I’ve submitted black and white bank letter and got AoR.
Anyways, good luck.