+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup visa program timeline

StrangerSUV

Oct 27, 2019
If anyone has been successful in this program, please share your timeline.
I had Letter of support and applied for PR through startup visa program in 20 March but still have no file number. Is there anyone like me?

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
I had Letter of support and applied for PR through startup visa program in 20 March but still have no file number. Is there anyone like me?
Hi StrangerSUV,
I applied for the SUV program. I sent my application by mail and the courier service indicates it was received by an employee at IRCC Sydney office in Nova scotia.

Sent on: 14th April
Received mail arrived on: 17th April

I have no file number and neither does my application appear in the system yet.

I don't know if there is a way we can collectively put some pressure on IRRC to speed up their process. First off, this should have been implemented as an online application like the other PR streams.

Fayha shahab

Apr 25, 2019
Do you mind sharing how you were able to secure a 'Letter of Support' from the designated investment firms?

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Since SUV is a paper-based application, there will be longer delays as a lot of IRCC staff are still working from home. So it's unlikely that new applications would have even been opened and updated on their system. So fair to assume that there will be delays in even starting the application process and then whenever the offices open there will be more backlog of pending applications, so expect delays.

From what I understand, each incubator has an assigned contact at IRCC, so best would be to ask your incubator to follow-up on your application status with that assigned contact. Alternatively, you can also send a webform enquiry to check on the status of your application, but I think you will get a generic response on that.

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hey there,

I applied last year and got the WP issued with in FIVE weeks time.

As for PR Application here is the timeline:

Jan 30: Application & Medical results Received
Feb 10: AOR and Biometrics request sent
Feb 13: Biometrics were done.

So far - Application received is the status when i check online.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
COVID-19 update: IRCC resuming processing of online applications for visitor visas and eTAs, but travel restrictions remain
Ottawa, June 30, 202

"Paper applications for visitor visas, study permits and work permits will not be processed until further notice."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/ircc-resumes-processing-1-july-2020.html
Thanks! Yes, but it doesn't mention paper-based applications for SUV PR. I think they are still accepting PR applications for SUV category, but they have not started to processing them.

Mark Boucher

Apr 10, 2020
Hey there,

I applied last year and got the WP issued with in FIVE weeks time.

As for PR Application here is the timeline:

Jan 30: Application & Medical results Received
Feb 10: AOR and Biometrics request sent
Feb 13: Biometrics were done.

So far - Application received is the status when i check online.
Hi

Can you please share the documents required for filing for WP? I am held up for more than a month as when I try to follow the process outlined by IRCC on its website, I get instructions for Foreign Worker (Visitor Visa required) against Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program. This asks for documents like Employment contract, Employment Reference Letter, Letter from Current Employer etc.

Thanks

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi

Can you please share the documents required for filing for WP? I am held up for more than a month as when I try to follow the process outlined by IRCC on its website, I get instructions for Foreign Worker (Visitor Visa required) against Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program. This asks for documents like Employment contract, Employment Reference Letter, Letter from Current Employer etc.

Thanks
Hey I Applied under Startup visa and formed a company and offer of employment was from my own company. The rest my lawyer took care of it all for me.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi

Thanks
Mark,
I think the instructions here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html
are pretty clear

Mark Boucher

Apr 10, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Yes, followed the instructions scrupulously but the problem as faced by many applicants on this forum including myself remains the same: outcome as displayed on the site is work permit for Foreign Worker (Visitor Visa required) while it should be Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program. Both these programs have different documentation requirements.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Yes, followed the instructions scrupulously but the problem as faced by many applicants on this forum including myself remains the same: outcome as displayed on the site is work permit for Foreign Worker (Visitor Visa required) while it should be Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program. Both these programs have different documentation requirements.
Hi Mark,
I now understand your point. It seems the "Come to Canada" tool is not sufficient of all kinds of work permit applications.
For the question: "What type of work permit do you want to apply for?"
Try answering with, "A work permit for an entrepreneur or self-employed person"

This seems to bring the most appropriate application/required documents.