+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Has anyone heard or seen any movement for SUV applications? Knowing that the IRCC is changing its priorities for checking applications in 2022, I hope we see some changes in this silence and waiting game.
Those hopes are only for EE, CEC and Afghan refugees. SUV does not seem to be on IRCC's roadmap. It's good to be optimistic about the movement but it's all in the air as it stands now.

Reactions: pathCanada

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
@pathCanada - there is no reference to SUV or any entrepreneurship program in the new updates. However, just the fact that they are not taking any new FSW and CEC applications till at least July 2022 should help clear some backlog and hopefully that would include SUV also.

We saw some SUV applicants from Feb/Mar 2020 getting PPR in Nov/Dec 2022, but there has been no news since. If any other SUV applicants have received ADR or Medical requests, then hope they would update the same on the group.

Reactions: pathCanada

Daniel9988

Nov 26, 2021
Australia
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney
@pathCanada - there is no reference to SUV or any entrepreneurship program in the new updates. However, just the fact that they are not taking any new FSW and CEC applications till at least July 2022 should help clear some backlog and hopefully that would include SUV also.

We saw some SUV applicants from Feb/Mar 2020 getting PPR in Nov/Dec 2022, but there has been no news since. If any other SUV applicants have received ADR or Medical requests, then hope they would update the same on the group.
our group applied in Feb 2020 and got medical request in Dec 2021.

so far we passed the medicals in Jan 2022.

will update if we hear any news from IRCC.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
@Daniel9988 - Congrats, can you share if you got any ADR (Additional Document Requests) before the medical request? If yes, when was that.

Based on what we have seen in the past, you should be getting the PPR very soon, most people get it within 2-3 weeks of medicals being sent. So hoping to hear the good news from you very soon!

Daniel9988

Nov 26, 2021
Australia
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney
@Daniel9988 - Congrats, can you share if you got any ADR (Additional Document Requests) before the medical request? If yes, when was that.

Based on what we have seen in the past, you should be getting the PPR very soon, most people get it within 2-3 weeks of medicals being sent. So hoping to hear the good news from you very soon!
Yes I did have 3 ADR which happened in 2021.

My timeline is as below. I dont recall the correct date.

6/2/2020: submit my paper documents

13/2/2020: request biometrics

13/3/2020: completed biometrics

19/2/2021: 1st ADR requesting personal details, proof of funds and PCC.

11/8/2021: 2nd ADR requesting information about personal and business. PCC again.

12/11/2021: 3rd ADR requesting bank statements

14/12/2021: medical request

18/1/2022: medical passed. The last member in group passed on 22/01/2022.

I hope will have PPR soon and will update you if I do.

Best of luck to all of us!

Enterprenuer702

Oct 4, 2021
Hello friends one question for you as we applied in Feb 2021 for SUV from India so any idea till what time we can expect ADR request. still we have not received a permanent file tracking number so is that normal or do we have to contact IRCC for that same.

moh122

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Has anyone heard or seen any movement for SUV applications? Knowing that the IRCC is changing its priorities for checking applications in 2022, I hope we see some changes in this silence and waiting game.
That's totally normal, the last applicants who got permanent application number those who applied on or before March 2020.

I applied in June 2020 and I only received temporary number.

StrangerSUV

Oct 27, 2019
Hi all
I submitted in Mar 2020, AOR and biometrics Jan 2021, ADR Jan 2022.
In ADR, they only request PCC of my son (he is 19). Should I take PCC of my husband and I in case they could ask in next ADR as it takes nearly 4 weeks to have PCC? Has anyone not been asked for PCC?

FarzHa

Feb 5, 2022
Hey guys!

I have a question about extending the work permit under the startup business class?
My initial visa expires soon and I'm still waiting for PR. In form IMM5710e:

Q1: "What type of work permit are you applying for?"
If I choose "Start-up business class" then
Q6: "LMIA exemption number" will be disabled!

Does it mean, to extend the SUV work permit, paying $230 to get an LMIA exemption is not mandatory? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

Last edited:

FarzHa

Feb 5, 2022
Hi all
I submitted in Mar 2020, AOR and biometrics Jan 2021, ADR Jan 2022.
In ADR, they only request PCC of my son (he is 19). Should I take PCC of my husband and I in case they could ask in next ADR as it takes nearly 4 weeks to have PCC? Has anyone not been asked for PCC?
I don't think because when you applied in 2020 he was under 18. Now he is over 18 and he needs PCC for his application. I got the same ADR for my daughter who is 19 now. I submitted it in Feb 2020 (Just MY experience)

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hey guys!

I have a question about extending the work permit under the startup business class?
My initial visa expires soon and I'm still waiting for PR. In form IMM5710e:

Q1: "What type of work permit are you applying for?"
If I choose "Start-up business class" then
Q6: "LMIA exemption number" will be disabled!

Does it mean, to extend the SUV work permit, paying $230 to get an LMIA exemption is not mandatory? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks
@FarzHa It's mandatory despite the form disabling that option. You have to pay the $230 employer fee and apply for the LMIA exemption on the empoyer portal, and get your LMIA exempt no. / queue no.

The IRCC forms can be a little wanky, especially for SUV applicants (IRCC clearly doesn't pay much attention to the SUV category)

You should include an explanation letter stating that you have fulfilled allthe requirements here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html#2.0

And clearly quote your LMIA exempt no. in your explanation letter.

Just assume the officer looking at your application is new (or an intern) to the IRCC SUV program. You literally need to walk them through in a very clear way.

FarzHa

Feb 5, 2022
@FarzHa It's mandatory despite the form disabling that option. You have to pay the $230 employer fee and apply for the LMIA exemption on the empoyer portal, and get your LMIA exempt no. / queue no.

The IRCC forms can be a little wanky, especially for SUV applicants (IRCC clearly doesn't pay much attention to the SUV category)

You should include an explanation letter stating that you have fulfilled allthe requirements here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html#2.0

And clearly quote your LMIA exempt no. in your explanation letter.

Just assume the officer looking at your application is new (or an intern) to the IRCC SUV program. You literally need to walk them through in a very clear way.
Thank you for your reply.

I already paid 230$ for the initial work permit and I have the LMIA exemption number. I don't know exactly whether I need to get it again or that's enough! The link you shared is for the first WP. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any information about SUV Extend WP except the following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html

it didn't mention that we need LMIA exemption again. Also on the CIC website, the required documents to extend WP is only IMM5710, Passport, Photo and the Job offer letter from the company and the LMIA form is optional!

They assumed the PR process has been finished in the first year!!

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Thank you for your reply.

I already paid 230$ for the initial work permit and I have the LMIA exemption number. I don't know exactly whether I need to get it again or that's enough! The link you shared is for the first WP. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any information about SUV Extend WP except the following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html

it didn't mention that we need LMIA exemption again. Also on the CIC website, the required documents to extend WP is only IMM5710, Passport, Photo and the Job offer letter from the company and the LMIA form is optional!

They assumed the PR process has been finished in the first year!!
I think you need to apply for another LMIA exemption number - because the one you applied for, expires and only valid until at the end of your current work permit.

I think you should get a new LMIA exemption number along with paying a new employer compliance fee for this new LMIA exemption.

Reactions: FarzHa

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
I think you need to apply for another LMIA exemption number - because the one you applied for, expires and only valid until at the end of your current work permit.

I think you should get a new LMIA exemption number along with paying a new employer compliance fee for this new LMIA exemption.
@FarzHa by the way, I also applied for a work permit extension under the SUV program.
I had to apply for a new LMIA exemption and also paid (again) the employer compliance fee.

And my work permit extension was approved. I actually request a 2year extension and in my letter of explanation, I reasoned that processing times of SUV PR applications was long - so I requested that I be granted a 2 year extension instead of 1 year. And it was granted to me.

For people who haven't yet applied for a WP, it might be worth asking for a 2 year work permit instead of one so that you can avoid having to apply for an extension.

Enterprenuer702

Oct 4, 2021
@FarzHa by the way, I also applied for a work permit extension under the SUV program.
I had to apply for a new LMIA exemption and also paid (again) the employer compliance fee.

And my work permit extension was approved. I actually request a 2year extension and in my letter of explanation, I reasoned that processing times of SUV PR applications was long - so I requested that I be granted a 2 year extension instead of 1 year. And it was granted to me.

For people who haven't yet applied for a WP, it might be worth asking for a 2 year work permit instead of one so that you can avoid having to apply for an extension.
this is a great news congratulations.