+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

I had one idea to help track the timelines. I created a Google Form that collects information about the application and outputs it to a Google Spreadsheet. This way, we can see where others are and see updates. No information is collected other than your responses. I also added one section for the SUV Work Permit. You can access and fill the form in the following URL:

https://forms.gle/Uc4KbRQZkPLeTrTk8

The outputs of the form are stored in the following URL:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rqe0Yn05aybYCWjcjhx5usF8rS2Tr7qlgSnYC6T0r6I/edit?usp=sharing

I've filled it with my information already and would be awesome if others would join me.

@vini_SUV - I have filled up. Only 3 suggestions

can you mention the country for WP as WP are processed at local countries,
whether the application is made in Country or outside and
if they had applied for Travel Visa before.

vini_SUV

Jul 19, 2021
Oshawa, ON.
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sidney
@vini_SUV - I have filled up. Only 3 suggestions

can you mention the country for WP as WP are processed at local countries,
whether the application is made in Country or outside and
if they had applied for Travel Visa before.
Yes, I just did the update. Thank you for the suggestion!

Reactions: Rakap

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello everyone, has anyone tried applying for a Tourist visa after the PR application and WP application. I have few questions:

1. Can GC key be different from WP/ PR application (as these files are managed by our lawyers)?
2. Are there any rejections for your Travel Visa because of pending WP/ PR application ?
3. Any other points that we need keep in mind for applying one Travel Visa.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021
hk
Category........
BUSINESS
Hello everyone
I received the PPR for my startup visa.
my timeline was
File submitted-3 march 2020
Biometric request 9 march 2020
Biometric done 12 march 2020
Additional documents requested-24 march 2021 documents submitted-30 march 2021
Second request for additional documents-September 21
Received medical request 13 November
Medical passed and updated-27 November
PPR request-2 December 2021
wondering, if anyone else got PPR updates after your date (2 dec 2021) here? it has already been 1.5 month around

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
Hello everyone,
I had a quick question,
Thankful to anybody who can help me with this.

So got an email saying the file status was updated almost a week ago, check the client status tool and the status was changed to "Decision made" nothing since then .
How many days will it take to hear from them after the status change and is the next step PPR?(outland applicant)

Sep 3, 2021
hk
Category........
BUSINESS
You are also applying SUV PR? Heard from similar cases you shall get the PPR in a few days. Just curious, when did you have the status : “medical received “ on the portal? Or when you did your medical check?

Reactions: SBrahma

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
You are also applying SUV PR? Heard from similar cases you shall get the PPR in a few days. Just curious, when did you have the status : “medical received “ on the portal? Or when you did your medical check?
I have Aor of 2019,
I was inland that time so had medical done Sept 2019.
due to personal reasons had to go back to my country and could not fly back to Canada .
my Medical was passed and extended until march2022.

The last set of docs asked before the status change was a police certificate from my home country.

And yes its SUV

moh122

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Hello guys, I have a few questions about the work permit application, I appreciate any help.

For the LMIA-exempt offer of employment.

Business details:
1- Describe the principal business activity (required)

Job offer details:
2- LMIA exemption title (required) (is it A75 ?)
3- Please explain in your own words how you meet the requirements of the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exemption. (Is there something specific I should write about?)
4- Experience and skills required to complete the job duties (required) (Is there something specific I should write about?)

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
@moh122
1. Just describe your startup business, as you would to your designated organization or investors - but include details of what activities you are doing or will be doing.

2. The exemption code is A75
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes.html#r205

3. Explain that your a SUV applicant who has received a commitment certificate and letter of support of the designated org, and have enough income to support your yourself. Also state that work permits issued under the SUV program are LMIA exempt. You can also include links like this (I did for my application):
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/work-permits-start-business-class-permanent-resident-visa-applicants.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html#2.0

4. You can talk about experience being an entrepreneur, ie you have been running the company or have had experience running companies or startups in the past. Or you have been an early stage employee of startups. You can also talk about education credentials. etc.
In my case, I just mentioned that I'm an experienced software developer, and founder of my startup

@moh122 I wouldn't stress too much about any of these parts, just write something sensible - this is no right answers to these questions.
In the end, the officers are just gonna look at these 3 criteria:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html#2.0

Reactions: moh122

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
That memo paints a very ugly picture of what's happening in IRCC.

It's very unjust to prioritize people who applied last year but continue making people who applied 2-3 years to wait.

It's like our wait times are dependent on the next world crisis or events. I don't understand why people at IRCC cannot understand that this is fundamentally unfair.

If someone is a refugee, that's fine. Give them temporary status, and process their PR application in order of receipt with existing applications.

But IRCC should not place 20,000+ refugees/TR to PR applications ahead of existing applicants who have been waiting for over 2 years. It's such an obvious violation of fairness.

This is unacceptable.

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Has anyone heard or seen any movement for SUV applications? Knowing that the IRCC is changing its priorities for checking applications in 2022, I hope we see some changes in this silence and waiting game.