Startup Visa Program Timeline

vini_SUV

Jul 19, 2021
Oshawa, ON.
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sidney
if we applied before for a work permit, can we apply for a visitor visa?
Yes. I had to apply for an extension for my Visitor Visa to maintain status while inside Canada before my WP was approved. Also, the Work Permit is not a visa per se. You still need a Visitor Visa or eTA to travel to Canada. When you get your Work Permit your visa is also emitted. I don't see problems here.

Reactions: totti2007

totti2007

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Yes. I had to apply for an extension for my Visitor Visa to maintain status while inside Canada before my WP was approved. Also, the Work Permit is not a visa per se. You still need a Visitor Visa or eTA to travel to Canada. When you get your Work Permit your visa is also emitted. I don't see problems here.
I asked some SUV applicants and they said not possible after submitting for WP, applying for visitor visa, I am confused

Reactions: Rakap

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi all, wish you all season greetings and a happy 2022!!!
Did anyone seeing any movement in these holiday time in their files? Please share your experience. I hope come Jan 2022 - we all see some moment atleast issue of PR file numbers happens.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi all, wish you all season greetings and a happy 2022!!!
Did anyone seeing any movement in these holiday time in their files? Please share your experience. I hope come Jan 2022 - we all see some moment atleast issue of PR file numbers happens.
Nothing for me.

Application sent: 14th April 2020
Application received: 17th April 2020
Temp file number: Jan 2021 (in reality it was issued about 3 months earlier)
Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) and permanent file number: 21st April 2021

..... nothing since.

I do have valid biometrics already and already passed my medical exam. They didn't request a medical exam - I sent them my previous medical exam number that I did in 2019 and they accepted it as part of this public policy exemption.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/public-policy-extended-medical-exam.html

Reactions: Rakap

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Reactions: mamad611

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
applied in Sep 2020, hopefully 2022 is our turn

Happy to hear back from @SUV_Unicorn_Potential and @leoyang0930 . Hoping to see your files move this month so we are picked up next. We all have been hovering in this process since 2019 till now (3 years is a long time now).

We have also done upfront medical in April 2021 and have applied for WP since Nov 2020. Hoping for something to move atleast some permanent file number - for some relief. With Omicron panic I hope countries don't shut borders again to pile on our frustrations.

anveshj

Jan 3, 2022
Lead times can vary considerably from manufacturer to manufacturer or even from one model to the next. Recent studies estimate an average lead time of 10-12 weeks if we have to factory order your new car.

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
I hope this new year brings us the best news and obtains PR through IRCC, also I saw processing time for SUV in PR decreased to 30 months!

vini_SUV

Jul 19, 2021
Oshawa, ON.
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sidney
Hi everyone,

I had one idea to help track the timelines. I created a Google Form that collects information about the application and outputs it to a Google Spreadsheet. This way, we can see where others are and see updates. No information is collected other than your responses. I also added one section for the SUV Work Permit. You can access and fill the form in the following URL:

https://forms.gle/Uc4KbRQZkPLeTrTk8

The outputs of the form are stored in the following URL:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rqe0Yn05aybYCWjcjhx5usF8rS2Tr7qlgSnYC6T0r6I/edit?usp=sharing

I've filled it with my information already and would be awesome if others would join me.