+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

totti2007

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Found this file on stats around Startup Visa Program -- I guess the timeline suggests that the last work permit was processed in Oct 2020. (Implying this as all other types of visa data has been up to date.

Stats of SUV TR & PR: Permanent Resident and Work Permit Application Processing under the Start-up Business Program, 2013-October 2020

Source: https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/ad975a26-df23-456a-8ada-756191a23695

Work permits are getting processed at least from India is what I know. WP filed in June 2020 is approved in Sept 2021 for a fellow startup.

But it is lost momentum again - don't know why?

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
Work permits are getting processed at least from India is what I know. WP filed in June 2020 is approved in Sept 2021 for a fellow startup.

But it is lost momentum again - don't know why?
The Excel data set is till October 2020 (though the Excel sheet mentions Dec 29, 2020 as the extraction date).

The timeline on this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
indicates that the work permit applications currently being processed are those received between August 8 to August 14, 2021.

If one chooses a) Work Permit, b) Work Permit outside Canada, c) Online and d) YES (for GSS eligibility - I assume MOST SUV WP applicants will qualify for GSS).

My assumption may be inaccurate - I applied toward late August and haven't heard anything. Not sure if the SUV WP applications would qualify to fall in the date range indicated currently - i.e. August 8 - 14, 2021.

totti2007

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
The Excel data set is till October 2020 (though the Excel sheet mentions Dec 29, 2020 as the extraction date).

The timeline on this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
indicates that the work permit applications currently being processed are those received between August 8 to August 14, 2021.

If one chooses a) Work Permit, b) Work Permit outside Canada, c) Online and d) YES (for GSS eligibility - I assume MOST SUV WP applicants will qualify for GSS).

My assumption may be inaccurate - I applied toward late August and haven't heard anything. Not sure if the SUV WP applications would qualify to fall in the date range indicated currently - i.e. August 8 - 14, 2021.
SUV applicants are eligible for two-week processing through the Global Skills Strategy?

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Work permit timeline indicated include all other categories of people as well (SOWP, etc). So it is not just applicable to Startup category and also WP is issued by local resident Embassy offices. WP for applications as far as Nov 2020 are not issued. Expecting something to turn around quickly for August 2021 is a little too ambitious - but you may be lucky if you are applying from SEA countries/ countries where there is manpower available and where processing is faster. Wish you luck.

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
Work permit timeline indicated include all other categories of people as well (SOWP, etc). So it is not just applicable to Startup category and also WP is issued by local resident Embassy offices. WP for applications as far as Nov 2020 are not issued. Expecting something to turn around quickly for August 2021 is a little too ambitious - but you may be lucky if you are applying from SEA countries/ countries where there is manpower available and where processing is faster. Wish you luck.
You are probably correct. Before applying for a WP I was considering applying for a visitor visa as my SUV venture needs a brief trip to establish accounts etc. - but visitor visas were either not open or processing timelines were in excess of 365 days. Currently processing times for visitor visas from UAE or Pakistan are 34 and 25 days ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html ). If the SUV WP's are not being processed since Nov 2020, I will consider the visitor visa options if they are open.

Reactions: Rakap

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
You are probably correct. Before applying for a WP I was considering applying for a visitor visa as my SUV venture needs a brief trip to establish accounts etc. - but visitor visas were either not open or processing timelines were in excess of 365 days. Currently processing times for visitor visas from UAE or Pakistan are 34 and 25 days ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html ). If the SUV WP's are not being processed since Nov 2020, I will consider the visitor visa options if they are open.

It's a very valid point to apply for a visitor visa. my lawyers said that it may not be approved given the intention is to migrate via SUV.

Reactions: Entrepreneur101

dineshshristi

Mar 6, 2020
Hi Dineshshristi,
Congratulations!
Your Canada Dream has come true! Wish you and all your family members will have a safe landing!
Could you please advise if you submitted your application to CIO in Sydney, Nova Scotia, or somewhere else?
Cheers
Kai
Hello
We submitted at sydney Nova scotia

Reactions: Kai Nemo