+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Bolaji1984

Mar 3, 2020
Good day guys, applied for work permit under suv progame two months ago, applied for pr last week.
A week after applying for the wp, i received biometric request. Today, I received a request to go for medicals.
I assume the medicals is for the work permit application, is this a good sign?

Jhitomedia

Nov 3, 2020
Good day guys, applied for work permit under suv progame two months ago, applied for pr last week.
A week after applying for the wp, i received biometric request. Today, I received a request to go for medicals.
Hi @Bolaji1984 may I know if you applied for WP and PR via the online portal?
regarding your question, I am sorry as I don't have any insight that I can share because we are still about to lodge our application but hoping it is a good sign

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi Bolaji1984,
It is obviously that the medical request is for your WP Application since "Biometrics, Medical test result & Other WP application form..." will be reviewed together in order to issue the WP. Therefore, it doesn't mean that your WP may be approved soon...but it seems to be that your WP application is complete and it has been processing by the IRCC officer.
Wish you are able to have WP approved soonest!
Cheers
Kai

Last edited:
Reactions: rajkumarl

Enterprenuer702

Oct 4, 2021
From which country you applied for WP? I have applied from India in July and still not received any updates so just asking.

dineshshristi

Mar 6, 2020
Received a mail regarding the pre arrival services from IRCC is it mandatory to attend or we can ignore it and what is means regarding our file.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Received a mail regarding the pre arrival services from IRCC is it mandatory to attend or we can ignore it and what is means regarding our file.
Hi Dineshshristi,
Honestly, I don't understand the full concept of PAL....but it is great news of yours anyhow.....it means that your application was passed the "Eligibility check" & you are going to get the PPR in a couple of days.
Cheers
Kai

dineshshristi

Mar 6, 2020
Could you show your timeline?
Hello everyone
I received the request for medical for my startup visa.
File submitted-3 march 2020
Biometric request 9 march 2020
Biometric done 12 march 2020
Additional documents requested-24 march 2021 documents submitted-30 march 2021
Second request for additional documents-September 21
Received medical request 13 November
Medical done - 17 November

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi All SUV applicants,
I got a piece of information from CIC News regarding the comments sent to the IRCC to ask how to process the backlogs that have built up since the pandemic.
Hope it can make you feel a bit better after reading it. Cheers, Kai
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/canadian-politicians-take-to-social-media-to-highlight-issues-at-ircc-1119609.html#gs.gii3x1

Kai - there is a mention of "the backlog from 2020 could take three years to resolve" :eek::rolleyes::oops:
So from 2020 3 years or from now on 3 years? OMG, this wait seems never-ending.

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Kai - there is a mention of "the backlog from 2020 could take three years to resolve" :eek::rolleyes::oops:
So from 2020 3 years or from now on 3 years? OMG, this wait seems never-ending.
Hi, I wonder why IRCC doesn't proceed and finalize WP till PPRs take long time???