+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Jhitomedia

Nov 3, 2020
Hi Amapro,
As IRCC processing procedure:
1- We received your application for PR on....=> the date your application package arrived at the IRCC office.
2- We sent you correspondence AOR on ....=> the date you got your AOR
3- We started processing your application on....=> the date you got your "Biometrics Instruction Letter". This is because Biometrics review is one of the first steps to be processed by IRCC after your application was complete with AOR issued.
In case you have got the AOR but the Biometrics letter does not come yet => this means that your step No. 3 is not started yet.
My case was in Jan 2020, the step No. 2 & 3 were taken place at the same time.
It should be no problem at all, just be patient. I assume that will come soon in a couple of weeks
Cheers
Kai
@Kai Nemo
Hi.
May I know if you applied for the PR online?
I was wondering if applying online for the PR, do we need to mail all the forms from the checklist after doing the online application?

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
@Kai Nemo
Hi.
May I know if you applied for the PR online?
I was wondering if applying online for the PR, do we need to mail all the forms from the checklist after doing the online application?
Hi Jhitomedia,
No, All the PR applications under SUV are requested to apply in paper and send to IRCC by Courier Express.
As soon as receipt of your application package => IRCC will send to you the temporary file No. => all your docs will be converted to the digital format by scanning & then the IRCC officer will check all your submitted docs => if they are complete=> you will receive the AOR, if not you will be requested to send the missing ones or your file may be rejected.
That is the normal processing procedure of IRCC for our SUV Applications
Cheers
Kai
PS: The temporary file No has been only issued after the Covid Pandemic since there are too many backlogs and it didn't exist in the past. The main purpose of issuing temporary file No is to inform SUV applicants that their application packages have been arrived & received by the IRCC office.

Last edited:

Jhitomedia

Nov 3, 2020
Hi Jhitomedia,
No, All the PR applications under SUV are requested to apply in paper and send to IRCC by Courier Express.
As soon as receipt of your application package => IRCC will send to you the temporary file No. => all your docs will be converted to the digital format by scanning & then the IRCC officer will check all your submitted docs => if they are complete=> you will receive the AOR, if not you will be requested to send the missing ones or your file may be rejected.
That is the normal processing procedure of IRCC for our SUV Applications
Cheers
Kai
PS: The temporary file No has been only issued after the Covid Pandemic since there are too many backlogs and it didn't exist in the past. The main purpose of issuing temporary file No is to inform SUV applicants that their application packages have been arrived & received by the IRCC office.
@Kai Nemo
Thank you so much for the prompt reply.
However, I saw from this link below, that we (SUV applicants) can now apply online.
I believe this is something new but I am hoping you or someone else can confirm that we can now apply online.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/apply.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html
https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Your thoughts is highly appreciated.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
@Kai Nemo
Thank you so much for the prompt reply.
However, I saw from this link below, that we (SUV applicants) can now apply online.
I believe this is something new but I am hoping you or someone else can confirm that we can now apply online.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/apply.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html
https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Your thoughts is highly appreciated.
Hi Jhitomedia,
Wow, now I see it...this is the new improvement of IRCC which I haven't updated yet.
Yes, I have just read it.
Honestly, If I were you I would have applied online because this is the official instruction from the IRCC website not from anywhere else...Furthermore, if you apply online you will save the time to wait for scanning as well as the IRCC officer is able to check your file directly and issue the AOR as soon as your turn will come...I assume that this is one of the best improvements of the Canada Immigration System which they used to promise to do it recently step by step in order to shorten the processing time.
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: Jhitomedia

Jhitomedia

Nov 3, 2020
Hi Jhitomedia,
Wow, now I see it...this is the new improvement of IRCC which I haven't updated yet.
Yes, I have just read it.
Honestly, If I were you I would have applied online because this is the official instruction from the IRCC website not from anywhere else...Furthermore, if you apply online you will save the time to wait for scanning as well as the IRCC officer is able to check your file directly and issue the AOR as soon as your turn will come...I assume that this is one of the best improvements of the Canada Immigration System which they used to promise to do it recently step by step in order to shorten the processing time.
Cheers
Kai
Hi @Kai Nemo ,

Thank you so much for your confirmation, this helped us so much to be confident in our application. By the way would you me sending you a message asking some further information?

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
H
Hi @Kai Nemo ,

Thank you so much for your confirmation, this helped us so much to be confident in our application. By the way would you me sending you a message asking some further information?
Hi Jhitomedia,
Why not & don't hesitate my friend. But please keep in mind that we are the same ones & just SUV applicants....so I am only able to advise you what I know and understand...I am not an immigration lawyer...
Cheers
Kai

Jhitomedia

Nov 3, 2020
H
Hi Jhitomedia,
Why not & don't hesitate my friend. But please keep in mind that we are the same ones & just SUV applicants....so I am only able to advise you what I know and understand...I am not an immigration lawyer...
Cheers
Kai
Thank you so much for your kind assistance

swarooph

Sep 13, 2021
India
Hi everyone,
As Swaroop mentioned above "PR card will take 4 months"
In case I currently have a visitor visa which is valid in ~10 years, in the meanwhile waiting for PR card issued I wonder if we are able to go back then come to Canada again by our Visitor Visa or the Visitor Visa will be deleted as soon as the PR card issued?
Looking forwards to your advice
Cheers
Kai
So Katie answered this but once you become a PR, I believe they will cancel the other VISAs. My single entry immigrant visa was also canceled - the immigration officer even informed me while doing so. Ideally, you can get a PRTD to travel back into Canada if you do not have the PR card. For all purposes, you are a permanent resident. However, airlines and other travel authorities have no way to check that without the PR card/visa. The only way I could find is to enter Canada without a PRTD is to travel from US in a private car at the border crossing. Your COPR and/or other Canadian ID will be enough to prove your status.

As for your case, let's assume they forget to cancel your visitor visa - it may get tricky when you travel. You are a PR but using a vistor visa to enter? I would highly recommend checking before you try this method. In my case, much of my travel is US related and considering they have a huge backlog with their visas (mine expired recently ), I have decided to just wait out the PR card for now before planning any travel out of Canada unless something changes.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

yulie wang

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
China
Category........
So Katie answered this but once you become a PR, I believe they will cancel the other VISAs. My single entry immigrant visa was also canceled - the immigration officer even informed me while doing so. Ideally, you can get a PRTD to travel back into Canada if you do not have the PR card. For all purposes, you are a permanent resident. However, airlines and other travel authorities have no way to check that without the PR card/visa. The only way I could find is to enter Canada without a PRTD is to travel from US in a private car at the border crossing. Your COPR and/or other Canadian ID will be enough to prove your status.

As for your case, let's assume they forget to cancel your visitor visa - it may get tricky when you travel. You are a PR but using a vistor visa to enter? I would highly recommend checking before you try this method. In my case, much of my travel is US related and considering they have a huge backlog with their visas (mine expired recently ), I have decided to just wait out the PR card for now before planning any travel out of Canada unless something changes.
as i am aware,once you get your single entry immigrant visa,your visitor visa is expired.

Jhitomedia

Nov 3, 2020
Anyone here who has more than 2 co-founders tried to submit their online application separately? For example the CEO submit on December, the CTO submit on January and the COO submit on February? is this possible or the three co-founders should literally submit an online application at the same time?

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Anyone here who has more than 2 co-founders tried to submit their online application separately? For example, the CEO submit in December, the CTO submit on January and the COO submit on February? is this possible or the three co-founders should literally submit an online application at the same time?

Yes this is possible if it is done before the expiry of the support letter issued by the incubator.

dineshshristi

Mar 6, 2020
Hello everyone
I received the request for medical for my startup visa.
File submitted-3 march 2020
Biometric request 9 march 2020
Biometric done 12 march 2020
Additional documents requested-24 march 2021 documents submitted-30 march 2021
Second request for additional documents-September 21
Received medical request 13 November

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Hello everyone
congratulation! you are on the final step!

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello everyone
Hi Dineshshristi,
Congratulations & thank you for sharing the timeline information!
Could you please let me know how many Principle Applicants (Founder & Co-founder) of your SUV project?
Cheers
Kai

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi Dineshshristi,
Congratulations & thank you for sharing the timeline information!
Could you please let me know how many Principle Applicants (Founder & Co-founder) of your SUV project?
Cheers
Kai

Amazing News. Congratulations. Also, please mention Essential and Nonessential # of members too, please