+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

SK_SUV

Oct 28, 2021
Your actual work permit and the dates it will be valid will be issued at the Port of Entry when you arrive ... so don't worry too much about what dates to put in the application ... just put some reasonable for about a year or a little over.
Thank you very much for a prompt answer.
How about IMM5802, did you wait for its validation from Employer's Portal before submit work permit application? Or just completed it and submitted it to the application without additional validation from Employer's Portal?

A little bit confused of their first response, when I sent back completed IMM5802 to them.

"We are pleased to confirm the reception of your IMM5802 and online payment receipt. We have forwarded them to the responsible office.
We will communicate with you as soon as we have the information needed to submit the work permit application."

Last edited:

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Thank you very much for a prompt answer.
How about IMM5802, did you wait for its validation from Employer's Portal before submit work permit application? Or just completed it and submitted it to the application without additional validation from Employer's Portal?

A little bit confused of their first response, when I sent back completed IMM5802 to them.

"We are pleased to confirm the reception of your IMM5802 and online payment receipt. We have forwarded them to the responsible office.
We will communicate with you as soon as we have the information needed to submit the work permit application."
In my case, I didn't use the IMM5802 form. I used the online Employer portal to submit and pay the offer of employment (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html#4.0)

But it seems in your case, you used instructions for people unable to use the online Employer portal
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html#5.0

So, I haven't experienced that flow - so just follow the instructions IRCC gave for your case
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html#5.0

I think the instructions are clear, it says that:

• Question 6: Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) No. or Offer of Employment (LMIA Exempt) No.
    • Answer: Enter the number found under “Employment queue” in the Employer Portal or if authorized to use the IMM 5802 form, use the number A9999999 and include a copy of the completed form.

So, if you used IMM5802, use the number A9999999 for the LMIA Exempt No. and attach a copy of the completed form. I odn't think you should wait for an email back from IRCC.

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
dear group members, can you ps. guide if PR applications for SUV are being processed. Yes I know it's mentioned under GC website but just wanted to know currently which batch are being processed ?

of if anyone here who applied for SUV with LOS in 2021 and got PR ?

thx for helping...

SK_SUV

Oct 28, 2021
dear group members, can you ps. guide if PR applications for SUV are being processed. Yes I know it's mentioned under GC website but just wanted to know currently which batch are being processed ?

thx for helping...
Hi, nobody among the 2021 submissions. Now it's smth like Jan-Mar 2020 applications.

Reactions: cybertruck
Sep 3, 2021
hk
Category........
BUSINESS

thx for helping...
The latest batch that PR being approved was those applied on Apr 2020

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019

thx for helping...

As they have to ramp up the process - they have processed the applications from Jan 2020 to June 2020.

Hopefully, our turn comes soon. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: cybertruck

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
PS asked in PM
received temporary only, no permanent. I think out turn will be next year
Don't say this if your turn is next year when will our turn be - as is they are not issuing work permits now. I get to understand they are asking for more details like the profile of founders - if they are aligned to their startup over and above the startup progress - so as is they are making it as stringent as possible to filter out startups. Further delay will keep us simmering/boiling.

Assuming 1000 ppl have applied in the economic immigration. 500 would be startups - do you think they have approved so many by far. I don't think they have reached the mark of 500 SUVs so far.

My bet is you should be called upon any time in next month and get your PR. All the best

totti2007

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
I am filling work permits forms for me and my family under startup visa program
In the form 5257 for my son (3 years old) how I can answer following questions (those are not optional) :
1- Purpose of vistit
2- Indicate how long you plan to stay ( from ... to... )
3- Name, address, and relationship of any persons or institution I will visit (address in canada)

StrangerSUV

Oct 27, 2019
Hello everyone. I submitted in Jan 2020, had AOR in Jan 2021, biometric in Feb 2021 and nothing since then. Does anyone here have the same timeline with me receive other requests from IRCC? I am afraid that our application is in peer review. What happen if it is true and is there any way to know if our application is in peer review or not?

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hello everyone. I submitted in Jan 2020, had AOR in Jan 2021, biometric in Feb 2021 and nothing since then. Does anyone here have the same timeline with me receive other requests from IRCC? I am afraid that our application is in peer review. What happen if it is true, and is there any way to know if our application is in peer review or not?
Hello,
If IRCC sent your application to the expert's panel for peer review, they probably informed you about the area of their concerns.

-

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/start-business/peer-reviews.html

Reactions: StrangerSUV