+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Submitting all the forms and documents again was really frustrating when I saw the request. But right now I'm speeding it up. This has just lifted my spirit. I wonder why we were given 7days to submit address while some were given up to 30 days. I guess this has to do with officer in charge of your files. I wish all applicants waiting a positive response soon.

Sep 2, 2019
Submitting all the forms and documents again was really frustrating when I saw the request. But right now I'm speeding it up. This has just lifted my spirit. I wonder why we were given 7days to submit address while some were given up to 30 days. I guess this has to do with officer in charge of your files. I wish all applicants waiting a positive response soon.
Hello @mosmo , glad to know that IRCC sent you the request, at least your file is in processing. Do you need to submit the progress report too?

Thanks for sharing.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
@Kai Nemo do you know any successfull SUV Applicants i have a Question that i need help with.
Hi Friend,
Yes, I have. But I don't think I am allowed to share their personal information to the forum until I get approval from them.
May I have your email or WhatsApp,...? so that I will send it to you.
All the best,
Kai

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Hello @mosmo , glad to know that IRCC sent you the request, at least your file is in processing. Do you need to submit the progress report too?

Thanks for sharing.
Yes we were asked to submit business progress report. We opened the biz thinking of getting wp, but with corona and all we abandoned the idea of work permit.

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Yes we were asked to submit business progress report. We opened the biz thinking of getting wp, but with corona and all we abandoned the idea of work permit.
I have applied for a work permit after lima approval for Owner Operator instead of Startup visa. It has been a frustratingly long wait. Not sure when they will process them waiting since Mar 2020.

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
I have applied for a work permit after lima approval for Owner Operator instead of Startup visa. It has been a frustratingly long wait. Not sure when they will process them waiting since Mar 2020.
You know work permit is processed by Canadian embassy in your home country. In our case when we checked processing time when we were ready, It was almost like a yr processing time. We just thought it wasn't worth it.

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
You know work permit is processed by Canadian embassy in your home country. In our case when we checked processing time when we were ready, It was almost like a yr processing time. We just thought it wasn't worth it.
In my case, it was 7 weeks when applied now it keeps moving up and down but not beyond 12 weeks. But the timeline had come and gone many times.

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
I think there is unwritten law about WP under startup visa that caused to long processing time since these days we see owner operators and student can get visa accept or reject in one month!!!! This approach of immigration offices is very immoral against entrepreneurs!!!

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
@hussain573 - We don't know your exact situation so it's hard for others to comment on that. However, I will add my two-cents - there are some incubators that are charging office space fees to startups even when they are not physically there. And there has been cases where some incubators like MAT have threatened to pull the support letter when the founders tried to negotiate the monthly fees in view of the delays in PR processing due to Covid. I would recommend search this forum for old posts highlighting that.

So depending on your personal situation make an informed decision of which incubator/angel/vc you commit with. Know you will have to deal with them for the next 2-3 years, so choose wisely.

hussain573

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
@hussain573 - We don't know your exact situation so it's hard for others to comment on that. However, I will add my two-cents - there are some incubators that are charging office space fees to startups even when they are not physically there. And there has been cases where some incubators like MAT have threatened to pull the support letter when the founders tried to negotiate the monthly fees in view of the delays in PR processing due to Covid. I would recommend search this forum for old posts highlighting that.

So depending on your personal situation make an informed decision of which incubator/angel/vc you commit with. Know you will have to deal with them for the next 2-3 years, so choose wisely.
Thanks for the suggestion, I agree with u on tht

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020

In my interaction with some of the incubators, they are charging a whopping 20-30K as fee for the support letter. I took the Owner-Operator route as the same amount can be used towards product development or towards the salary of a Canadian employee. I also saw that the Startup Visa success rate for any business was not that good. However, there are changes to the Owner-Operator process from 1 Apr 2021.

terryj

Aug 23, 2021
My 2 cents
My incubator had asked me to release funds for post landing learning program. They had told me, you will be asked couple of more questions by IRCC. They want us to be prepared for such situation by taking some training sessions from them. We refused them.

BTW my timeline
--
File submitted: March 23, 2020
Correspondence acknowledging receipt: January 14, 2021
Started processing: January 14, 2021
Biometric request: January 15, 2021
Biometric done: Feb 20, 2021

Since then, there is Radio Silence from IRCC. I'm hopping to have some news by next 6 months.