+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I have a small qs, we have recently received a request to submit our Business Plan / lean Canva for IRCC submission from our incubator. Does this mean IRCC has started evaluating our files, or it is standard SOP and it's will take a while.
I am so worked up with this wait - every new movement brings more anxiety and keeps building expectations that now it will come.
If anyone of you has already submitted your Business Plan for IRCC evaluation please share your experience.
Hi Rakap,
Could I ask when you submitted your SUV application?

Cheers,

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hello
I think these are standard ones , they took my documents such as business plan, financial and company incorporation documents etc in April and nothing till now.
Hello my friend,
Could you please send us the time line for your pr application?
Thank you.,

dineshshristi

Mar 6, 2020
Hello my friend,
Could you please send us the time line for your pr application?
Thank you.,
File submitted-3 march 2020
Biometric request 9 march 2020
Biometric done 12 march 2020
Additional documents requested-24 march 2021 documents submitted-30 march 2021
Nothing after that

Reactions: mamad611

AlirezaJo

Feb 15, 2021
Hi folks,

We recently got our LOS and we want to submit for the WP under SUV. The guide from the IRCC websites to reach the “Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program” checklist doesn't really work. Instead, we get a checklist for "foreign worker - visitor". By selecting the work permit type requested by the guide which is "A work permit with Labour Impact Assessment exemption" we get a document checklist that requires us to send documents such as Employment Reference Letter, Letter from Current Employer, Employment Records, Employment Contract, and Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered which I don't think is too relevant to SUV.

I heard from someone that it would be better to choose a work permit for entrepreneurs, or self-employed which I checked it brings relevant required documents. However, the guideline on the IRCC website requires you to EXACTLY select "A work permit with Labour Impact Assessment exemption". Does anyone know what the best way is or did anyone select the entrepreneur WP when applying?

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Rakap

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Nothing after that
Thank you,
I hope you hear anything positive ASAP.

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Nothing after that

My small question does the documents expire after 1 Yr for Example. PCC, Medical, IELTS (2 yrs) etc Do they ask for new ones?

Seems you are closer to receiving positive news :)

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
@Kai Nemo Firstly, I don't agree with your conformist statement that "IRCC is intelligent enough to know which applicants should be given priority". It's a well established fact that IRCC like all monopolistic immigration authorities is a highly bureaucratic and flawed organization. And lot of their decisions are driven by politicians' policies and laws. For example as per IRCC Spousal Visas processing time was 2-3+ years, meaning newly married spouses were seperated for 2-3+ years till their visas got approved. However, spousal visa applicants teamed-up and hired top-lawyers who petitioned to have their Spousal Visas expedited. As a result, the immigration committee passed a ruling to priortize Spousal Visas. Now Spousal Visas are being processed on highest priority.

Now coming to your question on estimated time. As much as we would like to believe that it's computed by some smart AI, but reality is that there is no absolute maths going behind these estimates. These are pure estimates based on the fact that on average processing time during normal times was 12-16 months, so they are assuming that when a new application is submitted and things are back to normal then it will take 12-16 months. However, if you applied in 2020 then add those 18 months of delay and it becomes 33 months.

To give another perspective, if you were to apply today, you would think that it would take you 12-16 months as per estimates. However, after you have applied tomorrow your estimate will change to 33 months :) Reason being, they don't know when they are going to start processing the SUV applications. So these estimates have no realistic value, except telling us not to expect anything anytime soon.

Another example - if you know someone who has applied in Express Entry there is a progress bar which gives percentage of progress of your application. IRCC has disclosed that it's based on hard-coded numbers, so for example for all applicants after 3 months it will change to "Background Check Passed", whereas in reality there files might not have moved one-bit. So much for smart IRCC!

So long story short - SUV estimated timeline are very speculative and are based on when they think they will restart processing SUV applications. At this time, there is no clear visibility on that as SUV is still not a priority for them. Hence SUV PR timeline has recently increased from 30-32 months to 33 months. Every month it gets delayed it will keep getting pushed back. The optimist in me thinks that the day they start processing they might double-down and clear all applications one-way or another in 3-6 months. But at this point it's just wishful thinking and hoping that our startup can survive till that time and any pivot doesn't mean having to reapply with a new idea.
Well covered - precisely will the startup exit till 33 months from the time the application is made. Unfortunately, startups like us are enrolled with incubators since 2019 and get LOS in Oct 2020 and finally get to submit the PR app by April 2021 - has already lived for 2.5 years already and there is a further expectation for us to continue with a viable idea for another 33 months.

So it really mars the purpose of the Start-Up as a concept.

Yes, with the statistical part, with the current numbers we have to survive past 2024 to be given the PR. So Math clearly does not make sense to me in any way. It's time, they need to start looking at one application after another and start moving now.

terryj

Aug 23, 2021
File submitted: March 23, 2020
Correspondence acknowledging receipt: January 14, 2021
Started processing: January 14, 2021
Biometric request: January 15, 2021
Biometric done: Feb 20, 2021

I've also submitted WP on May 28, 2020. There is no response since then. It as already crossed 16 Months. I believe, It may take more 16 months in this uncertainty.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
File submitted: March 23, 2020
Correspondence acknowledging receipt: January 14, 2021
Started processing: January 14, 2021
Biometric request: January 15, 2021
Biometric done: Feb 20, 2021

I've also submitted WP on May 28, 2020. There is no response since then. It as already crossed 16 Months. I believe, It may take more 16 months in this uncertainty.
Hi Terry,
I don't think you will have to wait for another 16 months.
Due to the IRCC processing time has been shortening every month as well as SUV applications have been processing with higher and higher capacity nowadays so I reckon you will receive the updated information within a couple of months and the final decision within 8-10 months, I thought.
Cheers
Kai

Last edited:
Reactions: terryj and Rakap

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
My small question does the documents expire after 1 Yr for Example. PCC, Medical, IELTS (2 yrs) etc Do they ask for new ones?

Seems you are closer to receiving positive news :)
Hi Rakap,
- PCC & Medical exams are all valid for 1 year and they are all mandatory to re-submit the updated ones on request.
- IELTS is valid for 2 years and it is not normally requested to submit the updated one. Especially, most IELTS centers (IDP or British council) are now closed because of Covid 19.
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: Rakap

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Has anyone applied for GCMS notes and has seen any movement on their application. Please share your experience,

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi Rakap,
- PCC & Medical exams are all valid for 1 year and they are all mandatory to re-submit the updated ones on request.
- IELTS is valid for 2 years and it is not normally requested to submit the updated one. Especially, most IELTS centers (IDP or British council) are now closed because of Covid 19.
Cheers
Kai

PCC is valid for six months - it is written on the PCC that it's valid for six months.