+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
I need advice
I am expecting my startup WP, but my passport will expire less than a year (almost a year). If I did renew the passport would it affect the visa labeling process? I applied from Iran and our visa is processing in Ankara, Turkey. I have heard that it may cause longer waiting time to lable visa on our passport after sending the pass to VAC if we send a new passport . Sharing Any info or experience would be greaty appreciated.

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Any thought,
Is it worth it to get visa on the current pass with shorter time and then renew passport after I land in and then request for wp extending?

pinkfloyd2288

Jan 20, 2023
Any thought,
Is it worth it to get visa on the current pass with shorter time and then renew passport after I land in and then request for wp extending?
Yes, for the current application you have submitted, I believe, your visa as well and your work permit will be issued only till the last day of your passport.
My view is that the renewal processes are an unnecessary pain, and avoiding them for as much time as possible maybe better. As you are thinking, you should definitely try and see if you can get the Work permit and visa on a new passport.
But not sure if you can link the same application to a renewed passport. :( Maybe you can check more about this on other forums, will be a common issue with multiple applications/ streams.

Reactions: amir788

amin2020

Aug 2, 2020
My problem is linking, I am unable to link my PR application to my GCKey, account, I tried all option without any sucess, does anyone has faced same problem?
I received my AOR today, and I also got a biometric request for my spouse, exactly as in your case. I was able to link my application. Try to remove X from your application number.

TaYfaY

Dec 5, 2022
I have got my WP pass request letter.
my timeline:
PR submission Feb 2022, File number Feb 2023
WP submission March 2022, Biometric April 2022, Pass request for WP Feb 2023

I hope all you get your good news soon
Congratulations, did you submit online application for PR or paper based? Did you got AOR?

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Update Guys..... Just received the ADR from IRCC today....

The file received by Sydney office: 28 Sept 2020
Temporary file number: 15 January 2021
AOR: 07 November 2022
Medical requested: 01 Feb 2023
Medical Passed: 17 Feb 2023
ADR: 01 Mar 2023
Congrats! What are the ADR if you don't mind?

manupmathew

Star Member
May 7, 2012
What documents request did u recieved?

1. Police Clearance Certificate
2. Updated proof of settlement funds
3. Proof of ongoing business activities and progress or accomplishments made in the business venture.
4. Updated personal details. (Latest Passport copy and Travel History).

Reactions: mamad611

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
1. Police Clearance Certificate
2. Updated proof of settlement funds
3. Proof of ongoing business activities and progress or accomplishments made in the business venture.
4. Updated personal details. (Latest Passport copy and Travel History).
Oh thank you man! Appreciate it