+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

manupmathew

Star Member
May 7, 2012
I see. Why they can't process 1309 applications fast!!
We are the unluckiest people (2019 - 2021 Applicants) in the entire Canadian PR system. The entire system is delayed by the Virus, the Afghan War, and Russia- Ukraine War. The virus delayed the process and later two incidents created a lot of refugees.
  • Canada refugee statistics for 2021 was 130,125.00, a 19.15% increase from 2020.
  • Canada refugee statistics for 2020 was 109,214.00, a 7.33% increase from 2019.
IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) gives equal weightage to Immigration & Refugees applications. (in fact more important for Refugees). The backlog screwed up everything.

FarzHa

Feb 5, 2022
Hi friend,
Congratulations.. And wish you & your family have a safe landing in Canada.
Our timeline is most likely the same.
One of the member of our team & I have been requested to have another X-ray and has just submitted one month ago.
Now awaiting for the PPR.
Just one question my friend, Have any members of your team need to have a re-medical exam?
Thanks
Kai
Hi
Thank you
Thankfully no

Rose_rastgoo

Jul 19, 2022
Hello Everyone,
Hope everything is good for all.
I read through all this thread and it seems like some people are getting their PR approved in ~32 months which the processing time for when they applied was approximately 12 months.
Given That the number of people who applied through SUV in 2020-2021 has significantly increased, Do you guys think that the processing time will stay about 32 months or much higher?
I have applied for SUV online in march this year and haven’t gotten any updates since then. I know that it is still soon to get any updates but was wondering if this program is predicted to take much much longer than 32 months,even 6-7 years, Should I apply through another program which is way shorter than SUV but will cancle out my SUV application, (since I am inside canada)?
Also is it possible to get rejected after many years of waiting? has anyone have any experience of SUV rejection?

Thank you so much

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Hope everything is good for all.
I read through all this thread and it seems like some people are getting their PR approved in ~32 months which the processing time for when they applied was approximately 12 months.
Given That the number of people who applied through SUV in 2020-2021 has significantly increased, Do you guys think that the processing time will stay about 32 months or much higher?
I have applied for SUV online in march this year and haven’t gotten any updates since then. I know that it is still soon to get any updates but was wondering if this program is predicted to take much much longer than 32 months,even 6-7 years, Should I apply through another program which is way shorter than SUV but will cancle out my SUV application, (since I am inside canada)?
Also is it possible to get rejected after many years of waiting? has anyone have any experience of SUV rejection?

Thank you so much
@Rose_rastgoo - nobody amogst us can possibly predict that. However, IRCC's goal is to bring all application waiting period within it's defined standards. Having said that, even before Covid if your application went into Peer Review it could easily take 2+ years. For now, one can say your turn won't come before end of 2023.

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Actually until they make a decision on your extended wp application. It could be 1 month or 10 months!
Hello, I hope you are doing well. On the June 30, I received Ghost Update, It means I received a message on my profile that said "Application/profile updated" but when I went to the detail page, there were no changes/updates, and when I log in again then it returned back to "Submitted".

Can everyone share his/her experiences about it?

Thanks in advance!

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hello, I hope you are doing well. On the June 30, I received Ghost Update, It means I received a message on my profile that said "Application/profile updated" but when I went to the detail page, there were no changes/updates, and when I log in again then it returned back to "Submitted".

Can everyone share his/her experiences about it?

Thanks in advance!
@Nightbirde - Most of these updates don't have much meaning and it's been repeatedly admitted by IRCC that these are not linked with real-time updates. They are working on making it real-time and that's one of the latest initiatives by the Immigration Minister, so we applicants know the real status of our files. But it will take a while to take effect.

So for now, the only updates you need to worry about are if they reach out for any additional information or final decision. In that case it will say you have a new mail in your application. Make sure you open them and respond to them in a timely manner.

Reactions: Nightbirde