+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

suv-abc

Mar 7, 2022
Thanks I have gone through the link and it seems online application is possible for startup visa instead a paper based application. My question is shall online application save time if compare to paper based application and what are merits and demerits of online application.
I don’t think there would be any time saved except the time it takes for your courier service to deliver to the mail room. For online application, your documents reach IRCC immediately you submit.
As per merits and demerits, I sincerely cannot speak to that..but in my own opinion, I do not see any

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Thanks I have gone through the link and it seems online application is possible for startup visa instead a paper based application. My question is shall online application save time if compare to paper based application and what are merits and demerits of online application.
@ZubairBabar - Not sure what are you expecting in reponse. But common sense would say online application would be faster to get there versus snail mail. Besides that it's irrelevant as most ppl are waiting for over 2 years and average waiting time is almost 3 years.

totti2007

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hi All,
Work permit Status changed to reviewing eligibility. Anyone knows how long will it take to make a decision ?
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi All,
Work permit Status changed to reviewing eligibility. Anyone knows how long will it take to make a decision ?
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
@totti2007 - this doesn't mean anything. Such updates are automated based on time and are not linked to your actual file status. I know it sounds lame, but thats IRCC for you. So don't read too much into this update and wait for the additional document or passport request only.

Reactions: totti2007

Bolaji1984

Mar 3, 2020
Passed medical for SUV WP in January, have heard nothing ever since. I applied in November 2021 .Isn't medical supposed to be the last stage, is it a near guarantee for success?

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Passed medical for SUV WP in January, have heard nothing ever since. I applied in November 2021. Isn't medical supposed to be the last stage, is it a near guarantee for success?
Hi Bolaji1984,
- SUV PR: The medical test instruction letter will be only issued when most of the previous steps have been passed and the applicant is most likely approved as soon as the medical result will be passed.
- SUV WP: The medical test instruction letter will be issued as soon as the WP application has been received and IRCC will process it along with the other docs.
Hope it helps
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: Charlie VN

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Does the 31 months processing time count from AOR or submission date of our application ?
Hi @mfw.
If you apply by mail
The processing time starts when your complete application arrives in our mailroom.
If you apply online or in-person
The processing time starts when you submit your application
Cheers
Kai

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Has anyone received any case update for its SUV application this month?? especially those who applied in April and May 2020?

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Has anyone received any case update for its SUV application this month?? especially those who applied in April and May 2020?
@pathCanada - No and I haven't heard from others who had applied in Apr/May 2020. All are status-quo with no ADR request or any other movement to suggest the files are being reviewed.

Clearly, IRCC has once again put SUV applications on back-burner as they are priortizing refugees applications. Honestly, the way things are progressing there is no hope for SUV applicants.

• Sad
Reactions: Kai Nemo

suv-abc

Mar 7, 2022
@pathCanada - No and I haven't heard from others who had applied in Apr/May 2020. All are status-quo with no ADR request or any other movement to suggest the files are being reviewed.

Clearly, IRCC has once again put SUV applications on back-burner as they are priortizing refugees applications. Honestly, the way things are progressing there is no hope for SUV applicants.
Really wonder why it has to be this way.. Other paper based applications (PNP) are being processed despite processing times according to IRCC website is almost same….Could it be because SUV applicants are in small numbers?.. Nothing seems to be moving

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021

and it’s funny that IRCC doesn’t stop the new coming cases. If they can’t handle they should give a break and stand with the consequences.

Reactions: tanyaviola

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Has everyone sent letter to NACO? Maybe a push from an organization that administers the startup visas and has a strong partnership with IRCC can move the system.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
and it’s funny that IRCC doesn’t stop the new coming cases. If they can’t handle they should give a break and stand with the consequences.
@pathCanada - they are unlikely to stop the new applications as that will mean the program failed and IRCC is incompetent. So to avoid admitting that, they will continue to take new applications, but the average processing time will continue to increase. And since the numbers are so low, nobody will blink in the Canadian political system.

@suv-abc - I won't overthink, the fact is IRCC and Candian politicians don't care a damn about SUV. There are only single digit IRCC agents working on SUV applications and when they get reassigned to other applications, SUV goes on a standstill. The number of agents working on SUV is soo low that even if one falls sick, then the system comes to almost a standstill. So hope you get context on the problem and why there is no sight of any solution in the near future.

Reactions: pathCanada