+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

FarzHa

Feb 5, 2022
Does anyone know about 85$ biometric fee at the end of the PR process? I've already paid for biometrics but after the pre-arrival services along with the medical request, officer requested an $85 biometric fee!
the timeline:

AOR Feb 24, 2020
Biometric request March 2020 => Received Oct 9, 2020
ADR Dec 20, 2021 => Recived Feb 3, 2022
Pre-arrival services => March 7, 2022
Medical request: Mar 8 ,2022
Request for $85 biometric fee => Mar 8 ,2022

Last edited:
Reactions: pathCanada

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
You don't understand what I said, what she meant is that SUV applicants (that submitted in Mumbai)who applied for wp and pr at the same time might get pr first because Mumbai office is too busy with backlog, pr gets issued in Canada and not as busy as Mumbai where wp are issued to those who applied from there
@Bolaji1984 - I think you mean to say that you din't say it clearly in your original post. As you said, quote (Not sure where you guys applied from but a lawyer told me those who applied via India might get pr before we due to backlog).

Hope you can see how your post came out wrong as you are claiming people from India will get PR before (we).

And even if you meant WP - I don't agree, as average processing time for WP is 55 weeks for India, so almost a year. And not sure where you are getting the facts from that SUV PR office in Canada is not busy. Last I checked the average processing time was 2.5 years versus the 6-8 months when we applied in 2020. I am pretty sure despite all delays for a WP in India, it will be issued well before 2.5-3 years of SUV PR decision.

vini_SUV

Jul 19, 2021
Oshawa, ON.
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sidney
Does anyone know about 85$ biometric fee at the end of the PR process? I've already paid for biometrics but after the pre-arrival services along with the medical request, officer requested an $85 biometric fee!
the timeline:

AOR Feb 24, 2020
Biometric request March 2020 => Received Oct 9, 2020
ADR Dec 20, 2021 => Recived Feb 3, 2022
Pre-arrival services => March 7, 2022
Medical request: Mar 8 ,2022
Request for $85 biometric fee => Mar 8 ,2022
I had to pay as the biometric they do in the airport is not the same. What my lawyer told me is that "The biometrics that you completed last February is for your temporary residence (TRV purpose only) in Canada. Everyone who's applying for permanent residence in Canada is required to complete a new biometrics request for their PR application. No exception."

So I think that's the situation you're in, unfortunately.

FarzHa

Feb 5, 2022
I had to pay as the biometric they do in the airport is not the same. What my lawyer told me is that "The biometrics that you completed last February is for your temporary residence (TRV purpose only) in Canada. Everyone who's applying for permanent residence in Canada is required to complete a new biometrics request for their PR application. No exception."

So I think that's the situation you're in, unfortunately.
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. But I already have done both biometrics.
Temporary visa biometric: 2018
PR biometric: 2021

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Hi Daniel9988,
"2/5 member of our group have their COPR. And the rest still waiting for PPR for almost 2 months since medical passed. Im very confused why there is different in timing to get PPR of each member."
=> Our team have 4/4 members and all of us had taken the IELTS almost the same time in late 2019 => We did send all originals along with Application Packages => but last week 2/4 have been only requested to send a copy of IELTS test results and the others need to send the original....Honestly, I can't understand why...
=> Another example, is the team of my friend : AOR in 2019....without any ADRs then suddenly he got the medical request after 26 months of waiting .....and now medical test result sent already....Last month he got the first ADRs for all the thing like proof of fund, banking statement...business plan update,....This means he now has to wait for reviewing his submitted ADRs...again...
Therefore, In the case of your team, I assume that they are reviewing or processing the files of the others....What I mean is the processing procedure look likely not in order...!
All the Best & Wish your team will all have the PPR soonest
Cheers
Kai
Hi kai, so good to hear your file is moving forward. Hope you have uploaded the copy of your expired ielts. That was what we did. Good luck my friend.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi kai, so good to hear your file is moving forward. Hope you have uploaded the copy of your expired ielts. That was what we did. Good luck my friend.
Hi Mosmo,
My lawyer has uploaded the softcopy already and I do hope it will be fine. Thank you, my friend !
God bless you too!
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: Charlie VN

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
My timeline is as below, I applied from Vietnam

AOR: Jan 2020
Biometric: Feb 2020
ADR: From Apr 2021 - Sep 2021 (Few times)
Health check request: Dec 2021
Health check Passed: Jan 2022
PPR: Waiting
COPR: Dreaming
Hi Lavender,
Congratulations!
Hope you will receive the PPR request soonest
We are almost on the same timeline....my AOR was also on Jan 2020 and my Medical Request was on Mar 2022 & Just submitted last week.
Let keep us updated on your timeline
Cheers
Kai