+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Thanks for sharing your timeline ,I noticed that you had requested extra doc for 2 times.may i know what are they asking? thanks again
Hi buddy ,next is your turn . Do you check your eca regularly to see if the status changes to DM ?

How about you @kingcoon ? did you have any update before receive ppr email ? or did you see DM on eca tools ?

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
Hi buddy ,next is your turn . Do you check your eca regularly to see if the status changes to DM ?

How about you @kingcoon ? did you have any update before receive ppr email ? or did you see DM on eca tools ?
my VO is also Montreal . the same as you. I had checked ecas on daily basis. my last status is "medical have been received" and nothing else since 2 Dec 2018 .it is been 2 month and 7 days without new update

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
If you think that those requests are unusual I thought that too, but I think they either were doing their due diligence
Kingcoon, congratulations on getting your PPR.

Such document requests are routine, not unusual at all. SUV applicants are often asked by IRCC about things like the proof of IP ownership, proof of share ownership among multiple applicants, work experience and study certificates, proof of payments from existing clients, tax returns from your home country and many more as the officer sees fit.

Just having a letter of support/Commitment certificate doesn't mean a home run - it just makes a person or team eligible to apply for SUV. A due diligence process by IRCC will follow. IRCC intends to outsource parts (peer review, entity designation/review) of the SUV screening process soon to private contractors due to the complex nature of the program.

stc121

Jun 28, 2018

Such document requests are routine, not unusual at all. SUV applicants are often asked by IRCC about things like the proof of IP ownership, proof of share ownership among multiple applicants, work experience and study certificates, proof of payments from existing clients, tax returns from your home country and many more as the officer sees fit.

Just having a letter of support/Commitment certificate doesn't mean a home run - it just makes a person or team eligible to apply for SUV. A due diligence process by IRCC will follow. IRCC intends to outsource parts (peer review, entity designation/review) of the SUV screening process soon to private contractors due to the complex nature of the program.
so it means that all applicants will be asking for extra document? so with my case,I am the own 100% of my business .and IRCC has not yet asking ,and my case is in IP2 for alittle bit over 2 months.then the next it's not PPR will be have ADR?

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
so it means that all applicants will be asking for extra document?
Not necessarily. I know of people (sole founders, 100% share) who went from AOR to PPR in less than 60 days with no questions asked.

If IRCC asks for ADR, just respond truthfully in as much detail as possible. For now, there's no point worrying about things over which one has no control.

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
Not necessarily. I know of people (sole founders, 100% share) who went from AOR to PPR in less than 60 days with no questions asked.

If IRCC asks for ADR, just respond truthfully in as much detail as possible. For now, there's no point worrying about things over which one has no control.
Thanks for the info ,60 Days !!! it is really amazing! thought IRCC now processing time it is 13 months.. I have no clue how long I have to be waiting for the next move from IRCC/

kingcoon

Jun 8, 2018
Has any one in the forum attended the course enrouting to get letter of support from incubator and eventually start up visa ?
I was asked by the incubator to complete a free online business course before they issued the letter of support, after this I had one final call with them telling them about the course and after this I got the letter of support.

kingcoon

Jun 8, 2018

I only check this after I got the PPR and I noticed the status changed from In Progress to Decision made, but no updates since the last request about my documents. So I went straight from Pre-arrival invitation to PPR.

kingcoon

Jun 8, 2018

Thank you!

I was aware of the peer review process and I was advised to lower the risk of your application going thru the peer review process to register the business in Canada before sending the application.

I knew that the IRCC will do their due diligence but I assumed it would go in so much detail as you described. Thank you for sharing the information!

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
... to register the business in Canada before sending the application....
I doubt if registering a business would have made any difference. A complete federal registration including a NUANS name search process take 24 hours or less. You'll get the articles of incorporation and a business number within a day.

Good move not to register the business beforehand, otherwise you'd have to change the director status from non-resident to resident Canadian after landing. Companies incorporated by non-residents with no other resident director do not get the small business exemption on taxes.

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
I doubt if registering a business would have made any difference. A complete federal registration including a NUANS name search process take 24 hours or less. You'll get the articles of incorporation and a business number within a day.

Good move not to register the business beforehand, otherwise you'd have to change the director status from non-resident to resident Canadian after landing. Companies incorporated by non-residents with no other resident director do not get the small business exemption on taxes.
do you know how long it may takes for security screening? i just called IRCC and said my case its in SS

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
do you know how long it may takes for security screening? i just called IRCC and said my case its in SS
Really that's weird. could you please verify where did you apply from ? when your ip2 started and whether they asked you more document such as CV , military table etc ?

I think it may take couple weeks up to more than years for some people,

AMIR001

Dec 23, 2018
I was asked by the incubator to complete a free online business course before they issued the letter of support, after this I had one final call with them telling them about the course and after this I got the letter of support.
Hi Kingcoon,
May I ask you how long did it take for you to receive the letter of support after the courses that incubator asked you to complete?
Thank You.

kshukla

Feb 6, 2019
Thanks Kingcoon...That is very helpful as i was bit hesitant.