+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup visa program question - August 2020

jdutta

Jul 1, 2020
Hello Entrepreneurs!

I applied for a start-up visa mid-March this year (as well as an open work permit for my spouse). Unfortunately due to the Covid outbreak, I was able to submit my biometrics only on July 28th 2020. I was wondering if:

1. IRCC is still processing work visa's for startups? If yes what potential timeline am I looking at to get the visa?
2. Is there anyone out there who is probably in the same boat as I am in? Can we perhaps get together in a Zoom call?

Thanks!

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hello Entrepreneurs!

I applied for a start-up visa mid-March this year (as well as an open work permit for my spouse). Unfortunately due to the Covid outbreak, I was able to submit my biometrics only on July 28th 2020. I was wondering if:

1. IRCC is still processing work visa's for startups? If yes what potential timeline am I looking at to get the visa?
2. Is there anyone out there who is probably in the same boat as I am in? Can we perhaps get together in a Zoom call?

Thanks!
I applied for SUV directly to get PR, no WP submission, so I'm not in your situation. The only thing I know is VAC is in charge of processing temporary residence application like WP, and Following Ministerial Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada on April 9, April 29, May 19, June 9 and July 1, 2020 applicants can no longer submit an application for temporary residence in paper at the VAC. New Ministerial Instructions issued on July 1, 2020 have extended this measure until September 30, 2020.

jdutta

Jul 1, 2020
I am not clear about the role VAC's play - I submitted my application online and then did my biometrics at a USCIS ASC. Once I get a clearance from IRCC do I then contact a VAC for visa stamping?

sheidmirj

Sep 26, 2020
I am not clear about the role VAC's play - I submitted my application online and then did my biometrics at a USCIS ASC. Once I get a clearance from IRCC do I then contact a VAC for visa stamping?
Hi Jdutta
I am applying online for work permit under startup visa program. Following the cic website instruction, I have trouble getting to the right checklist under Foreign worker - international mobility program. how did you fill the form to get to it?

your help is much appreciated!

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
Hell jdutta I have applied for Work permit under SUV on 11th of Sept.
You got any updates for your application?
Hello Ankit, can you please share how did you obtain the LOS for your Startup Visa program? Did you approach the DO through a lawyer or you did it on your own?Was there any need for a peer assessment for your business idea and lastly, sid you or any partner have to appear for sn interview as sn essential member?
Appreciate your valuable input as have not been able to get satisfactory answers to these questions.
Thank you and Warm Regards,

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
Hello Sir, Am looking for info related to the process for SUV and would really appreciate your guidance.
Thank you,

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hello Sir, Am looking for info related to the process for SUV and would really appreciate your guidance.
Thank you,
You should start a new post with your question, you have better chance of getting a reply versus just repeating your same question on multiple posts.

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
Hello Sir,
Thank you for your suggestion.The only reason for asking the question to different people is that I have noticed a few threads where there has been. no reponse.Thought that its better to ask on the active threads where there is a lot more interaction.
That being said,will go ahead with your suggestion.Anything to get valuable information

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
Thank you jduttaji for responding!
Have you done the dntire process in your own or did you engage a lawyer/consultant? How long did the process take from initiation to compketion if you have received the PR.
Thank you again for sharing your knowledge
Jduttaji, are you based in India?

ankitpanchal

Sep 2, 2019
SSP13 I got LOS from Incubator on Sept. and applied for WORK PERMIT on 12th of Sept. still waiting for update. Now preparing file for PR without wasting a second.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any question.

Thanks

Reactions: Jhitomedia

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
SSP13 I got LOS from Incubator on Sept. and applied for WORK PERMIT on 12th of Sept. still waiting for update. Now preparing file for PR without wasting a second.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any question.

Thanks
Hey Ankit! Thank you for replying; much appreciated.I hope and pray that you get your PR asap!
Do you mind sharing the name of the incubator? Did you have to submit the business proposal on your own or did you get any support from the incubator in doing do.Am in the process of drawing up a business plan and was wondering if there's anything specific that you were expected to do.How much is the quatum of your investment so far.
Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.