+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa - PR & WP Application Process

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi Startup Founders,

We are in the final stages of receiving the Letter of Support from an incubator and wanted to better understand the next steps from the founders who have already gone through this process.

1) Did you engage an IRCC consultant or Lawyer to do the paperwork for PR and Work Permit?

2) Did you use the consultant/lawyer referred by the incubator?

3) If you went through consultant/lawyer what was the cost?

4) In hindsight, do you think it was necessary to have consultant/lawyer or it can be done by self?

5) Did you incorporate in Canada before applying for the Work Permit?

6) Some of you had your Work Permits denied the first time or had Peer Reviews. Can you share any insights on how to mitigate such situations?

7) Any other tips/suggestions you might have; things you wish someone had told you while you were at this stage of your application.

Thanks

thestartupguy

Apr 7, 2020
Hi
Hi Startup Founders,

We are in the final stages of receiving the Letter of Support from an incubator and wanted to better understand the next steps from the founders who have already gone through this process.

1) Did you engage an IRCC consultant or Lawyer to do the paperwork for PR and Work Permit?

4) In hindsight, do you think it was necessary to have consultant/lawyer or it can be done by self?

6) Some of you had your Work Permits denied the first time or had Peer Reviews. Can you share any insights on how to mitigate such situations?

7) Any other tips/suggestions you might have; things you wish someone had told you while you were at this stage of your application.

Thanks
Hi,

I also have the same question which you have. Do you have any pointers to share with me?

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
1) No.

2) No experience.

3) No experience.

4) Absolutely not. Once in possession of a Letter of Support, the SUV documentation is very straightforward. A consultant is unnecessary.

5) Did not apply for WP, but did not incorporate before applying for permanent residency. Did not see any value in doing so.

6) No experience, sorry.

7) Once you mail your application package to IRCC, be patient. The process takes time.

Mark Boucher

Apr 10, 2020
I have a query regarding application for Work-permit under SUV. I am looking to file online. As per the help-guide on CiC's website, after filling up the form we should get result as “Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program”. However, I am getting "Foreign Worker (Visitor)". Have tried several times but with the same result. Did anyone face this issue? Your assistance will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: hossein_mech

Fayha shahab

Apr 25, 2019
Hi Startup Founders,

Thanks

Can you please suggest how you were able to get the 'Support Letter' from the icubators?

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
1) Did you engage an IRCC consultant or Lawyer to do the paperwork for PR and Work Permit? - Yes, Lawyer was referred by the Incubator

2) Did you use the consultant/lawyer referred by the incubator? - yes.

3) If you went through consultant/lawyer what was the cost? - Applied directly to incubators.

4) In hindsight, do you think it was necessary to have consultant/lawyer or it can be done by self? - i think so, saved me a lot of time and hassle of going through the paperwork.

5) Did you incorporate in Canada before applying for the Work Permit? - Yes, i did.

6) Some of you had your Work Permits denied the first time or had Peer Reviews. Can you share any insights on how to mitigate such situations? Yes, had 3 visitor visa and 2 work permit refusals prior to getting it approved. Lawyer played a major role in getting it approved.

7) Any other tips/suggestions you might have; things you wish someone had told you while you were at this stage of your application. - get a lawyer working with your incubator, since each incubator does have a assigned IRCC contact and lawyers affiliated with That incubator are better able to prepare your application.

Thanks

sheidmirj

Sep 26, 2020
I have a query regarding application for Work-permit under SUV. I am looking to file online. As per the help-guide on CiC's website, after filling up the form we should get result as “Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program”. However, I am getting "Foreign Worker (Visitor)". Have tried several times but with the same result. Did anyone face this issue? Your assistance will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Hi I am having the same problem. Did you finally get to the right form? sharing your experience is much appreciated I am in the process of applying to work permit myself now.

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hi I am having the same problem. Did you finally get to the right form? sharing your experience is much appreciated I am in the process of applying to work permit myself now.
Hi, did get the right form? based on cic instruction I ended up with forms such as references letter, employment contacts and so on. Why is that the case? Should we try another way to apply online?

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Ask your question.
hi, do you know how to apply online for startup work permit? I have received my LOS, and follow the instruction on cic for workpermit, but I ended up with being asked to upload some seemed irrelevant documents such as employer reference letter and etc. Could you please let me know where should I begin? Thank you so much

austinflaxy

Dec 11, 2021
i have zero knowledge of the visa stuff but i just want to be in canada and complete my study in web development/ programming course or go for university ,i need to know how to start, they money is not a problem for me