+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

startup-visa or partnership

raeyo

Dec 5, 2015
Hi there,

I'm a Belgian and I'm the 'CEO' of 2 small IT-companies (I have employees on both companies).

At the moment I'm building a system that can be huge hit (clients across all over the world) and as we (me and wife and 2 kids) want to become Canadian residents I need to apply for a startup visa. Now so far I can see I can startup a company as non-resident if there is a partner (Canadian) involved. But actually I want to stay the full owner of this company (with canadian employer)... so dunno what to do now...

These are the options I'm thinking about:
1. I start another company in Belgium and launch the system. If it is a succes I can move that company to BC
Problem: timetaking process, still need a partner (I guess)?

2. I immediately launch the company in BC with a Canadian partner where we will work on the system (he in Canada - I from Belgium)
- what are the minimum amount shares he needs to own?
- can apply for immigration later on?

Just need to know what's the best option (and the cheapest :p)

Tx in advance!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Start reading:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?st=6.3

BC specifics,
http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/pnp/EI-Program-Guide.pdf

y-axisoverseas

Dec 16, 2015
Migrating to Canada is for sure a good move for one’s career & family.

However, It’s very important to understand what you actually want to do only then you can work towards your goal.

Canada is a diverse country which offers multiple options for foreign skilled professionals from across the globe to utilize these options & migrate to Canada with their family.

Based on the situation here, you could either look for Federal Skilled Migration (FSWP – PR visa) or Entrepreneur Visa program for British Columbia.

Both these options have their own pros& cons. There are various options available for you in different parts of the globe, you could do some research about your profile& can than plan to work accordingly.

I wish you all the luck.