+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Starting life in Canada

Rs85

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Hi folks,

Please share your experience of immigrants in Canada, your personal views, challenges and your opinion.

thanks

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
mandiebraxton said:
lol...that made my morning ;D ;D ;D

*Mandie*
That was funny....certainly made me laugh (in a good sense...) while my morning was not that good....

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Rs85 said:
Hi folks,

Please share your experience of immigrants in Canada, your personal views, challenges and your opinion.

thanks
Rs85, check the forum with some keywords such as challenges, experiences etc and for sure you would find many posts that will clarify your queries.
I have posted couple of threads myself. hope you find what you are looking for...and get some help.

chefchopra7

Star Member
Apr 7, 2009
It is my fifth year …….never got Respect/Equality at work …..Provincial jobs may be exception but i never got a call for an interview at any level of job beside my multiple skill and experience from worlds best organizations.

Canadians still have mind set of bringing slaves from other part of the world …..the only difference is THEY HAVE DEVELOPED A GLORIFIED SLAVERY……

Age , Sex and skin colour is a BIG BAR in Canada…..but you will find it written as co. policies

Human right doesn't encourage or support your complaint as they will start doing a micro-surgery of your complaint and will keep discouraging you that your complaint is not an issue of Human rights it is a work place harassment and jealousy and we don't deal in that … on asking where do i go as i lost the job respect with hatred havoc experience …. they will say there is no place you can complaint about harassment in Canada

certain social equality you get only by default not by their will/wish……

Kids Education and Healthcare is par excellence.

judiciary is great but you cannot reach as it is beyond your pocket ……

I will be happy to share more experience about settlement …..

Good Luck…..

s/c

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
sharat_joshi77 said:
Rs85, check the forum with some keywords such as challenges, experiences etc and for sure you would find many posts that will clarify your queries.
I have posted couple of threads myself. hope you find what you are looking for...and get some help.
There is a thread here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/whats-it-like-to-live-in-canada-t168031.0.html

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
chefchopra7 said:
It is my fifth year .......never got Respect/Equality at work .....Provincial jobs may be exception but i never got a call for an interview at any level of job beside my multiple skill and experience from worlds best organizations.

Canadians still have mind set of bringing slaves from other part of the world .....the only difference is THEY HAVE DEVELOPED A GLORIFIED SLAVERY......

Age , Sex and skin colour is a BIG BAR in Canada.....but you will find it written as co. policies

Human right doesn't encourage or support your complaint as they will start doing a micro-surgery of your complaint and will keep discouraging you that your complaint is not an issue of Human rights it is a work place harassment and jealousy and we don't deal in that ... on asking where do i go as i lost the job respect with hatred havoc experience .... they will say there is no place you can complaint about harassment in Canada

certain social equality you get only by default not by their will/wish......

judiciary is great but you cannot reach as it is beyond your pocket ......

I will be happy to share more experience about settlement .....

Good Luck.....

s/c
I am presuming you are Indian. I remember my first (and only) low level job in Canada. Everyone would make fun of Indians.... yes.... including me. I am ashamed of that, but travelling the world has opened my eyes to Canadian arrogance and racism (which is so much alive, especially in Quebec - please avoid this province). You have outlined the good and the bad which makes your post credible.... so please do share more.

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
chefchopra7 said:
It is my fifth year .......never got Respect/Equality at work .....Provincial jobs may be exception but i never got a call for an interview at any level of job beside my multiple skill and experience from worlds best organizations.

Canadians still have mind set of bringing slaves from other part of the world .....the only difference is THEY HAVE DEVELOPED A GLORIFIED SLAVERY......

Age , Sex and skin colour is a BIG BAR in Canada.....but you will find it written as co. policies

Human right doesn't encourage or support your complaint as they will start doing a micro-surgery of your complaint and will keep discouraging you that your complaint is not an issue of Human rights it is a work place harassment and jealousy and we don't deal in that ... on asking where do i go as i lost the job respect with hatred havoc experience .... they will say there is no place you can complaint about harassment in Canada

certain social equality you get only by default not by their will/wish......

judiciary is great but you cannot reach as it is beyond your pocket ......

I will be happy to share more experience about settlement .....

Good Luck.....

s/c
thanks for detailed post.
Are you in Toronto?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Canada ranks

#6 out of 159 in State of World Liberty Index, 2013 [economic and personal freedom], survey by the State of World Liberty Project
#8 out of 167 in Democracy Index, 2012 [electoral process and pluralism, civil liberties, functioning of government, political participation, and political culture], survey by the Economist
#8 out of 162 in Global Peace Index (GPI), 2013 [crime rate, terrorism/violence, relation with neighboring nations, local refugees, political status], survey by Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP)
#9 out of 177 in Corruption Perceptions Index, 2013, survey by Transparency International
#11 out of 187 in Human Development Index (HDI), 2013 [life expectancy, education, and income indices], survey by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
#14 out of 148 in Global Competitiveness Report, 2013-14 [infrastructure, economic environment, health, education/training, labour/financial market efficiency, business, innovation/technology, market size], survey by World Economic Forum
#14 out of 111 in Worldwide Quality-of-Life Index, 2005 [GDP, health, political stability-security, personal/community life, job security, equality], survey by the Economist
#3 among 34 member countries in Better Life Index, 2013 [income, housing, jobs, community, education, environment, civic engagement, health, life satisfaction, safety and work-life balance], survey by Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
#19 out of 183 in Ease of Doing Business, 2013, survey by World Bank
#20 out of 179 in Press Freedom Index, 2013, survey by Reporters without Borders
#24 out of 178 in Environmental Performance Index, 2014 [environmental disease, air/water pollution, biodiversity, natural resources, climate change], survey by Yale University

NB: I'm aware that these ranking may not reflect a true picture from a new immigrant's perspective and many will oppose/ignore. Yet you may find some ground where Canada stands internationally.

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Thanks Rossei, what an excellent post, +1 for you. Did you summarize this information from each individual sources or you took it from somewhere. The reason I want to know is because I would be interested in a comparative analysis with Australia using similar KPIs. Would appreciate your input. Thanks again.

Rossei said:
Canada ranks

#6 out of 159 in State of World Liberty Index, 2013 [economic and personal freedom], survey by the State of World Liberty Project
#8 out of 167 in Democracy Index, 2012 [electoral process and pluralism, civil liberties, functioning of government, political participation, and political culture], survey by the Economist
#8 out of 162 in Global Peace Index (GPI), 2013 [crime rate, terrorism/violence, relation with neighboring nations, local refugees, political status], survey by Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP)
#9 out of 177 in Corruption Perceptions Index, 2013, survey by Transparency International
#11 out of 187 in Human Development Index (HDI), 2013 [life expectancy, education, and income indices], survey by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
#14 out of 148 in Global Competitiveness Report, 2013-14 [infrastructure, economic environment, health, education/training, labour/financial market efficiency, business, innovation/technology, market size], survey by World Economic Forum
#14 out of 111 in Worldwide Quality-of-Life Index, 2005 [GDP, health, political stability-security, personal/community life, job security, equality], survey by the Economist
#3 among 34 member countries in Better Life Index, 2013 [income, housing, jobs, community, education, environment, civic engagement, health, life satisfaction, safety and work-life balance], survey by Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
#19 out of 183 in Ease of Doing Business, 2013, survey by World Bank
#20 out of 179 in Press Freedom Index, 2013, survey by Reporters without Borders
#24 out of 178 in Environmental Performance Index, 2014 [environmental disease, air/water pollution, biodiversity, natural resources, climate change], survey by Yale University

NB: I'm aware that these ranking may not reflect a true picture from a new immigrant's perspective and many will oppose/ignore. Yet you may find some ground where Canada stands internationally.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
May2010applicant said:
Thanks Rossei, what an excellent post, +1 for you. Did you summarize this information from each individual sources or you took it from somewhere. The reason I want to know is because I would be interested in a comparative analysis with Australia using similar KPIs. Would appreciate your input. Thanks again.
U r welcome.
I actually went through each individual ranking site and verified against wikipedia source. For you, I made the following comparison between Australia and Canada based on the same criteria. Hope it's useful.
AustraliaCanada
State of World Liberty Index (2013)46
Human Development Index (2013)211
Ease of Doing Business (2013)1119
Worldwide Quality-of-Life Index (2005)613
Better Life Index (2013)13
Environmental Performance Index (2014)324
Press Freedom Index (2013)2620
Corruption Perceptions Index (2013)99
Global Peace Index (2013)168
Democracy Index (2012)68
Global Competitiveness Report (2013-14)2114

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Wow, thanks Rossei. This is really useful, many thanks for your consideration this is exceptional stuff.
So after all, the picture is not as rosy as perceived by many of us about Canada. Australia scores far better than Canada in most of the aforementioned criteria. I also tried to go through the details of some of these KPIs and realized that in the recent year Canada’s ranking has gone down significantly……. don’t know what is the reason but definitely, in the recent past, Canada followed the path of sharp decline.

Rossei said:
U r welcome.
I actually went through each individual ranking site and verified against wikipedia source. For you, I made the following comparison between Australia and Canada based on the same criteria. Hope it's useful.
AustraliaCanada
State of World Liberty Index (2013)46
Human Development Index (2013)211
Ease of Doing Business (2013)1119
Worldwide Quality-of-Life Index (2005)613
Better Life Index (2013)13
Environmental Performance Index (2014)324
Press Freedom Index (2013)2620
Corruption Perceptions Index (2013)99
Global Peace Index (2013)168
Democracy Index (2012)68
Global Competitiveness Report (2013-14)2114