waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
My question is very simple and in the title:

Can I accept and start a new job if I am waiting for a BOWP based on my PR application? I previously held a BOWP while I was waiting for PR through AINP (it is still in process).
I have an Open work Permit. I read online that the conditions are the same as whatever condition your current WP has. My SIN number will be expired though, will that cause a problem? I know I can continue working with an expired SIN.
Please help, with links if possible.

thank you.

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017

Can I accept and start a new job if I am waiting for a BOWP based on my PR application? I previously held a BOWP while I was waiting for PR through AINP (it is still in process).
I have an Open work Permit. I read online that the conditions are the same as whatever condition your current WP has. My SIN number will be expired though, will that cause a problem? I know I can continue working with an expired SIN.

thank you.
Are you changing jobs due to layoffs or you quit?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes, you continue under the same conditions as your previous work permit - since it was an open work permit, you are free to change jobs.

As to whether the expired SIN will cause any problems, that all depends on the employer. It is usually easier to continue to work for the same employer for that reason. A new employer can be uncomfortable with the fact that your SIN is expired, since you are unable to give him/her proof that it will definitely be renewed.