+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Start again" button

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi Experts,
What happens when you click the "Start again" button after you receive the ITA and start filling the various sections of the application?

I guess if I rememeber correctly the first step is the questionnaire. I entered 2 children. Now I realize I should have entered only 1 child as the other one is a canadian citizen (by birth).

I have filled my application 98%. I am wondering if I click start over will it again wipe out the entire application and will I need to enter it again?

Reason I ask it because on the document scan upload page - I see it is charging me 'Permanent Resident Application Fee for Child" 2 times (300$).
I am not sure if this gets correct on the actual payment page.
I wonder if I fix the information in the very beginning part of the questionnaire - and mention only 1 child for whom I need PR then I won't be charged the extra 150$?

Thoughts?

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
I figured this on my own. I didn't click the Start Again button. Instead I clicked on Modify Family information. These are the same questions that you fill about your family after you get the ITA. Here I mentioned about my child born in Canada and changed his status from accompanying to unaccompanying. This way CIC knows he is my child but he is not a part of the application since he is already a canadian citizen.

Hope this info helps anyone else in the same situation

Singh0007

Apr 17, 2018
I figured this on my own. I didn't click the Start Again button. Instead I clicked on Modify Family information. These are the same questions that you fill about your family after you get the ITA. Here I mentioned about my child born in Canada and changed his status from accompanying to unaccompanying. This way CIC knows he is my child but he is not a part of the application since he is already a canadian citizen.

Hope this info helps anyone else in the same situation
Thanks for this.
Could you please confirm if this works without any issues in Application .