+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stamped Study Visa Revoked due to change of college.

Ddkk

Jul 25, 2020
Hello members,

I applied in a college for September 2020 intake but the college required my presence to start the course in Canada as my course was blended but due to COVID I couldn't get the visa or was it possible to travel, I was left with no-option other than changing my college/course then I changed my college and uploaded the new LOA with supporting documents such as EXPLANATION LETTER to IRCC using the webform then even the embassy acknowledged that my new LOA has been received at the IRCC office and will be transferred to the relevant team. as the days pass on I continued to receive updates without any issue such as Medical, AIP, did my biometrics as well... after so much struggle and patience then at-last I even got my big news of BVL and OPR... I also gave my passport for stamping and got it back... after 10 days of passport stamp, then the twist came knocking the doors of sadness...

I received a mail from IRCC saying that
"The new study plan for XXX, will be reviewed by an officer. You will be notified once a decision has been reached on your request.
Please note given this change in your study plan, the visa that was recently issued to you is no longer valid for travel. Please do not attempt to travel to Canada until further notice."

They just snatched all my happiness in one mail... was just speechless of what happened...
I raised webform informing about my new study plan on October 3rd, After receiving OPR on November and stamped passport on November 20th. 15 days later I'm receiving the above mail that my visa has been revoked on December 6th.... I even have booked my flight, made the quarantine plan.. now I dont know how many days its gonna take them to re-evaluate my file..

Now I'm just so confused on what I should be doing....
Again I'm back on the stage 1 of waiting, waiting waiting.....

Has anyone else faced the same issue or is it only me with such rare case scenario...
Have you got the final decision?? Now ...

arul fernando

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
u cud have landed in canada and then change the course..
changing the course after landing in canada is the easiest way i heard..
not sure if its true

Newname

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
My case is bit different, I got PPR on 30th dec but I deferred to May 2021 (same college same course) due to non-excepted refund policy of college.
I am waiting for passport submission mail from vfs and visa stamped.
I informed IRCC with new LOA but did not received any update yet.
Please suggest

Ddkk

Jul 25, 2020
My case is bit different, I got PPR on 30th dec but I deferred to May 2021 (same college same course) due to non-excepted refund policy of college.
I am waiting for passport submission mail from vfs and visa stamped.
I informed IRCC with new LOA but did not received any update yet.
Please suggest
Don’t worry the person @yesindian is just making people here fool. He was just making students anxious..

yesindian

Dec 3, 2020
I will just avoid those hatred comments above saying I'm causing anxious to students.
I personally am depressed and just dont want anyone else to go through the same as me.

I had no other option other than changing DLI as my previous college just gave me just 2 options - Withdraw from the program or defer to next 2021 Fall intake. As they required my presence in Canada to take online classes which was not possible in the COVID scenario so I changed to another DLI of same field of study. I received another BVL after that visa revoked mail from embassy, its been 76 days alone since I received this new BVL for the new DLI and I'm yet to receive a decision.

Ddkk

Jul 25, 2020
Okay ! hopefully you will get your visa again. I was having same kind of problem, I also changed the program within same college (same DLI number) but a different program. I switched to Computers from Aviation field after filing my visa file on Previous program. However, I uploaded my Updated new LOA via webform. I got my BVL, PPR< stamped passport and Now I am in Canada. (My flight was scheduled after 21 days from the day my stamped visa came).

I just want to say that I did not change my college I just changed my program. If your college is in Authorised DLI then you do not need to worry.

And @yesindian bro why you are changing your statement in other thread?

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Okay ! hopefully you will get your visa again. I was having same kind of problem, I also changed the program within same college (same DLI number) but a different program. I switched to Computers from Aviation field after filing my visa file on Previous program. However, I uploaded my Updated new LOA via webform. I got my BVL, PPR< stamped passport and Now I am in Canada. (My flight was scheduled after 21 days from the day my stamped visa came).

I just want to say that I did not change my college I just changed my program. If your college is in Authorised DLI then you do not need to worry.

And @yesindian bro why you are changing your statement in other thread?
how many days in advance of your study beginning time you received your visa? 21 days before your study?

kiencd

Aug 19, 2021
Hi,

I have a same problem as you now. I need your advice.
My case is a bit different from you. I have not received the cancelation from IRCC. I know from GCMS notes that my Study permit was issued on the first LOA.
Did you receive the new visa?
Did you have to apply for a new Study permit? Or IRCC issued a visa replacement?

Thank you

I will just avoid those hatred comments above saying I'm causing anxious to students.
I personally am depressed and just dont want anyone else to go through the same as me.

I had no other option other than changing DLI as my previous college just gave me just 2 options - Withdraw from the program or defer to next 2021 Fall intake. As they required my presence in Canada to take online classes which was not possible in the COVID scenario so I changed to another DLI of same field of study. I received another BVL after that visa revoked mail from embassy, its been 76 days alone since I received this new BVL for the new DLI and I'm yet to receive a decision.

jsuknsla

Oct 15, 2022
h
Hi,

I have a same problem as you now. I need your advice.
My case is a bit different from you. I have not received the cancelation from IRCC. I know from GCMS notes that my Study permit was issued on the first LOA.
Did you receive the new visa?
Did you have to apply for a new Study permit? Or IRCC issued a visa replacement?

Thank you
hi what did u do i am in the same situation as u right now.

nain16

Nov 15, 2022
My visa got approved and I got my passport stamped. but on the IRCC portal there shows two counterfoil documents. One document number is valid and one is invalid. The valid counterfoil document number is stamped on my passport but the invalid counterfoil document number is above the valid document number in the list on the IRCC portal. I received 2 POE (letters of introduction) dated 10th November 2022 and 11th November 2022. There is a lot of confusion I am not sure which one is valid and which is not.

My medicals and passport are valid

Any help would be really appreciated