+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stamped Study Visa Revoked due to change of college.

yesindian

Dec 3, 2020
Hello members,

I applied in a college for September 2020 intake but the college required my presence to start the course in Canada as my course was blended but due to COVID I couldn't get the visa or was it possible to travel, I was left with no-option other than changing my college/course then I changed my college and uploaded the new LOA with supporting documents such as EXPLANATION LETTER to IRCC using the webform then even the embassy acknowledged that my new LOA has been received at the IRCC office and will be transferred to the relevant team. as the days pass on I continued to receive updates without any issue such as Medical, AIP, did my biometrics as well... after so much struggle and patience then at-last I even got my big news of BVL and OPR... I also gave my passport for stamping and got it back... after 10 days of passport stamp, then the twist came knocking the doors of sadness...

I received a mail from IRCC saying that
"The new study plan for XXX, will be reviewed by an officer. You will be notified once a decision has been reached on your request.
Please note given this change in your study plan, the visa that was recently issued to you is no longer valid for travel. Please do not attempt to travel to Canada until further notice."

They just snatched all my happiness in one mail... was just speechless of what happened...
I raised webform informing about my new study plan on October 3rd, After receiving OPR on November and stamped passport on November 20th. 15 days later I'm receiving the above mail that my visa has been revoked on December 6th.... I even have booked my flight, made the quarantine plan.. now I dont know how many days its gonna take them to re-evaluate my file..

Now I'm just so confused on what I should be doing....
Again I'm back on the stage 1 of waiting, waiting waiting.....

Has anyone else faced the same issue or is it only me with such rare case scenario...

yesindian

Dec 3, 2020
This due to change of program or college?

What option do I have when my previous college was asking me to attend the blended classes by being in-person?
I didn't had visa to travel and that program was available only for FALL intakes... so I had to change my college which means change of course too...

yesindian

Dec 3, 2020
It will impact me too? As I changed my program in same college? And got ppr?
I hope and wish you don't receive the same case as me or anyone...
getting PPR and passport stamped then receiving a mail from IRCC saying your visa has been canceled can be worst thing to happen after 1 year of struggle.

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
I think it is because you changed your COLLEGE (not just program). And when they issue you a LOI/study permit, it lists your college too. So, it is tied to your college. And just so you know, even if you had come to Canada and then changed your college, they would have reevaluated your study permit conditions. Lemme explain with an example of why they do this:

For example, a student can get admission at a DLI and get the study permit for that. Then, to save money (or some other reason), he or she can change their college to a new college which is not even a genuine DLI in Canada. So, of course, they are going to reevaluate your profile. Does this make sense as to why they cancelled your current visa?

Also, don't panic about this. If your new college is in the recognized DLI list, I am sure you will get the new visa.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hello members,

I applied in a college for September 2020 intake but the college required my presence to start the course in Canada as my course was blended but due to COVID I couldn't get the visa or was it possible to travel, I was left with no-option other than changing my college/course then I changed my college and uploaded the new LOA with supporting documents such as EXPLANATION LETTER to IRCC using the webform then even the embassy acknowledged that my new LOA has been received at the IRCC office and will be transferred to the relevant team. as the days pass on I continued to receive updates without any issue such as Medical, AIP, did my biometrics as well... after so much struggle and patience then at-last I even got my big news of BVL and OPR... I also gave my passport for stamping and got it back... after 10 days of passport stamp, then the twist came knocking the doors of sadness...

I received a mail from IRCC saying that
"The new study plan for XXX, will be reviewed by an officer. You will be notified once a decision has been reached on your request.
Please note given this change in your study plan, the visa that was recently issued to you is no longer valid for travel. Please do not attempt to travel to Canada until further notice."

They just snatched all my happiness in one mail... was just speechless of what happened...
I raised webform informing about my new study plan on October 3rd, After receiving OPR on November and stamped passport on November 20th. 15 days later I'm receiving the above mail that my visa has been revoked on December 6th.... I even have booked my flight, made the quarantine plan.. now I dont know how many days its gonna take them to re-evaluate my file..

Now I'm just so confused on what I should be doing....
Again I'm back on the stage 1 of waiting, waiting waiting.....

Has anyone else faced the same issue or is it only me with such rare case scenario...
You should had travelled as soon as you received your OPR, shouldn't had wasted so many days giving room for IRCC. Sorry but you had dug your own grave unnecessarily. Only option now left is to wait.

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
You should had travelled as soon as you received your OPR, shouldn't had wasted so many days giving room for IRCC.
I don't think that would have worked. They could have revoked the OP's study permit while residing in Canada too and made him wait until OP receives a decision. It is actually better that this happened while OP is still in home country.

Reactions: CMog

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
I don't think that would have worked. They could have revoked the OP's study permit while residing in Canada too and made him wait until OP receives a decision. It is actually better that this happened while OP is still in home country.
Either way now its concluded to not send LOAs in case of DLI change to IRCC it's best to change the DLI after landing in Canada and informing them through the online tool : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools/account.html.

This situation could had been clearly avoided.

Ddkk

Jul 25, 2020
What was the previous program and changed program?? Which were the colleges

I also changed my program..... and got ppr

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would assume that many are doing this bait and switch and so IRCC may now start cracking down on this. It has become a strategy and no longer a few students changing courses.

Ddkk

Jul 25, 2020
Would assume that many are doing this bait and switch and so IRCC may now start cracking down on this. It has become a strategy and no longer a few students changing courses.
Sorry buddy but please clarify, so now it will create problems for one who has changed the program right ?? Or they will get liberal??